PFF week 1 notes/ratings

mar29020

30 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

You really need to stop saying this. A dude who had caught 36 balls for 403 yards is not automatically a 50 ball - 600 guy. He's literally not even topped that in the totality of his Career, and you're expecting him to double his TD rate (again, of his career).

He is not a good football player. He's being force-fed balls because of the coaching staff/front office spite to a guy they let go.

He has never topped that in his career because he was stuck behind two pro bowl caliber WRs. He wasn't Force fed any balls yesterday, unlike Terrelle Pryor who was constantly forced passes by Kirk when Kirk should have been working Crowder and Reed more.

Its all about opportunity. I've said since Grant had to start for the injured Djax for half the season in 2015 that he showed he can be a 3 or 4 catch a game guy for 12 yards a reception. Just because he's not a great athete and isn't flashy doesn't mean he can't be a reliable #3/4 wr. 

How he played yesterday is exactly how he played in 2015 when he was catching 3 and 4 passes a game.

This is to take nothing away from Josh Doctson. Josh Doctson should be starting and I'm incredibly upset that he isn't because if he had caught those 4 passes instead of Grant, he would have done more with it.

Just now, turtle28 said:

This is to take nothing away from Josh Doctson. Josh Doctson should be starting and I'm incredibly upset that he isn't because if he had caught those 4 passes instead of Grant, he would have done more with it.

This speaks to a mis-allocation of talent & resources ... which is a coaching problem.

Yes, there were player issues as well (it was a more or less a whole team loss by the offense), but at the end of the day, the players run the plays that are called in by the staff with the personnel on the field dictated by the staff.

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Doctson need to be on the football field not grant

Obviously, and again I will point out, I am by no means a Ryan Grant fan, however, I don't get the Ryan Grant bashing day today.

Don't blame him for the coaches putting him out there. Don't blame him for Doctson being hurt a lot and never practicing. Don't blame him because Kirk threw it to him 6 times and he caught four of them.

You CAN blame him for blowing that screen though.

He wasn't "force fed" the ball though lol.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Obviously, and again I will point out, I am by no means a Ryan Grant fan, however, I don't get the Ryan Grant bashing day today.

Don't blame him for the coaches putting him out there. Don't blame him for Doctson being hurt a lot and never practicing. Don't blame him because Kirk threw it to him 6 times and he caught four of them.

You CAN blame him for blowing that screen though.

He wasn't "force fed" the ball though lol.

JP finaly said it was mind boggling to see grant on the field over Doctson. Ryan gruden isnt good

2 hours ago, TKellion said:

But he wants to be payed like him,You have to be able to carry your team on your shoulders if you want that paycheck.He has shown many times that he can not !

Agreed . Kirk cousins will rebound some where around the year maybe next week and we never ever have a poor game like that .

most offenses this Sunday where struggling . Well except for the chiefs and raiders .

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why should Docston be on the field game 1? Hasn't practiced/hasn't played in preseason games. Needs to prove he can perform, play well, and get that PT.

I thought Crowder was starting or do something big but maybe I underestimated the loss of Jackson and Garcon after all.

Doctson should start than because I don't trust Grant.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

He has never topped that in his career because he was stuck behind two pro bowl caliber WRs. He wasn't Force fed any balls yesterday, unlike Terrelle Pryor who was constantly forced passes by Kirk when Kirk should have been working Crowder and Reed more.

Its all about opportunity. I've said since Grant had to start for the injured Djax for half the season in 2015 that he showed he can be a 3 or 4 catch a game guy for 12 yards a reception. Just because he's not a great athete and isn't flashy doesn't mean he can't be a reliable #3/4 wr. 

How he played yesterday is exactly how he played in 2015 when he was catching 3 and 4 passes a game.

Lol ok turtle Grant good even tho he's been poor in any type of game time.

nobody on this forum or in any way that saw the game felt Grant was gonna break a tackle or be down the field for 50 yards or anything .

hey against that's just me his 50-60 yards aren't impressive to my eyes . Pryor I'm dissapointed at as well because he could of racked up way more yards and he's our number one guy on the team.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Out of curiosity, which one do you think they are spiting? Garcon or Jackson?

While I might be in the minority who thinks they should have kept Pierre over DeSean, I do think it's ridiculous that they let both walk out the door.

I'm leaning towards that ... but I felt that a Doctson would be healthy and hyped up while Pryor shown probowl caliber play last season ... now he's playing as if this is his first year at wideout with maybe three drops .

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes, it is mind boggling that we can't see Doctson on the field at this point.

Technically, he was on the field. They just never looked his way for whatever reason (not in the gameplan, wanted to shake the rust off, Kirk doesn't trust him, who knows?).

2 hours ago, Brian23 said:

You really need to stop saying this. A dude who had caught 36 balls for 403 yards is not automatically a 50 ball - 600 guy. He's literally not even topped that in the totality of his Career, and you're expecting him to double his TD rate (again, of his career).

He is not a good football player. He's being force-fed balls because of the coaching staff/front office spite to a guy they let go.

Lol thank you ... idc how man yards he had he wasn't effective or good he is what he is just a good practice squad member and a 4th stringer .

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Why should Docston be on the field game 1? Hasn't practiced/hasn't played in preseason games. Needs to prove he can perform, play well, and get that PT.

because we spent a first round pick on him and he is ready to go. we dont need that bum ryan grant starting man

Archived