Week 10: Blue NY vs Green NY

JetsandI

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

No he isn't.  Kyle Phillips surely is our best DL for that span.  

Foley still needs to go after qb frequently.

Those guys jobs aren’t to get to the QB that’s not even what they did as college players. It’s guys like Jenkins, Q, Anderson and Copeland that need to get to the QB. Not McLendon, Foley and Phillips

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Those guys jobs aren’t to get to the QB that’s not even what they did as college players. It’s guys like Jenkins, Q, Anderson and Copeland that need to get to the QB. Not McLendon, Foley and Phillips

Gregg Williams' defense?  All go.  Foley certainly is not limited to run stuffing or body occupying roles.  I don't speak of 15 sacks or 50 qb hits but he needs to go after QB more than already done. When you are lined up off shoulder, you go.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/11/8/20954918/analyzing-the-matchups-chris-herndon-foley-fatukasi-quinnen-williams-will-face-vs-new-york-giants

Despite 5 out of 81 looks better than 6 out of 144, they are separated by only 4 spots. Weird.  Anyways, both are slightly below average. Both need to step up for more.  That is only way to play full time as well around DL (Mostly DE).

I think Sam is going to have a huge game with Herndon back. We'll see a bunch of new packages and we'll all wonder "why haven't we seen this the past 8 weeks"? The answer: 

Gase's scheme is built around specific players with specific capabilities, and for whatever reason, he refuses to call certain plays if he isn't confident in the available personnel's ability to "do their job" on that specific play. Ryan Griffin is solid, but he's not nearly the athlete that Herndon is. Gase built this offense around route combinations/play design that gets Crowder and Herndon in space. That's what we saw in the pre-season. I realize that those games are less competitive, making it easier for the offense to be successful, but the scheme is the scheme... The fact that this offense relies so much on one player is concerning in it of itself, but I do think we'll finally see a big offensive output tomorrow.

On defense I think we'll either shot the bed or play intense football. I don't see an in-between. 

9 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I think Sam is going to have a huge game with Herndon back. We'll see a bunch of new packages and we'll all wonder "why haven't we seen this the past 8 weeks"? The answer: 

Gase's scheme is built around specific players with specific capabilities, and for whatever reason, he refuses to call certain plays if he isn't confident in the available personnel's ability to "do their job" on that specific play. Ryan Griffin is solid, but he's not nearly the athlete that Herndon is. Gase built this offense around route combinations/play design that gets Crowder and Herndon in space. That's what we saw in the pre-season. I realize that those games are less competitive, making it easier for the offense to be successful, but the scheme is the scheme... The fact that this offense relies so much on one player is concerning in it of itself, but I do think we'll finally see a big offensive output tomorrow.

On defense I think we'll either shot the bed or play intense football. I don't see an in-between. 

Herndon is still questionable to go. Griffin hasn’t been bad. So I think Herndon doesn’t play too much (he didn’t practice fully all week). I think he will be active to go. But will see very limited snaps. So I highly doubt he’s a reason for success today, playing limited.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Breakout game? He’s already arguably the best RB in the league. What’s he breaking out from?

When I say breakout, I mean career-high that will last for a long time. That's mainly because our LB situation. If we're getting back some of our more experienced ILB's , I'd feel a little better but I'm expecting some missed gap assignments to be made just simply off the fact that Copeland is used to playing OLB and Burgess spent most of his time on the practice squad. I can't blame the players or the coaching in that. Once when Barkley burst through, if 2 guys aren't there, he's gone. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Herndon is still questionable to go. Griffin hasn’t been bad. So I think Herndon doesn’t play too much (he didn’t practice fully all week). I think he will be active to go. But will see very limited snaps. So I highly doubt he’s a reason for success today, playing limited.

He's going to play at least 50 percent of the snaps, and he'll open up the playbook on those 50%. It'll be new looks that haven't been put on tape before, which will give the Jets an advantage IMO

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

At the game in one of the suites...I could get used to this! I really don’t like the black jerseys...just my opinion but I could care less if they wore clown suits as long as they win.

I don't understand the black jersey either. It was just a gimmick to sell move jerseys. Oakland Raiders are black, not the Jets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Sam needs to play well today. Play for pride. The draft will be what it is.

I agree, I just can't believe he is at full strength after having Mono, if he is he is the only person I ever know that was at full strength physically after only 6 weeks after having mono.