Moving on, the Week 2 GDT: Titans at Jaguars

titans0021

A lot of praise in this in-depth review... and to people you don't usually hear much praise given to:

• the coaching staff, setting up plays off tape, adjusting on the fly, creativity, etc
  •  Sylvester Williams, who's been a favorite board punching bag
  • Supernaw, Riley

Even if Jacksonville ends up close to where they've ended in the past... we've lost to much worse Jag teams in Jax in the past.  We beat them soundly... and at every facet of the game.  

This week, we're back home against a much better team... but find ourselves again in a situation where we really should win... if we are the type of team that we think/hope we are.  I think we'll have a much better idea of what kinda team we have this year in about 60 hours.  

I didn't disagree with it and was unsure why so many did. I don't believe we were as good against the run last year as many thought we were or as statistics indicated. A NT who can stand up to a double team is a welcome change.

A passing league becomes more difficult to pass in when you can't run the ball.

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I didn't disagree with it and was unsure why so many did. I don't believe we were as good against the run last year as many thought we were or as statistics indicated. A NT who can stand up to a double team is a welcome change.

A passing league becomes more difficult to pass in when you can't run the ball.

A NT that can stand up to double teams is a welcome change. Problem is, Williams isn't that. He's trash regardless of what that article says. Finding a NT who is worth a damn this offseason would be nice.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Hes trash? Everything we've saw in our first two games speaks differently. He's not a pass-rushing DT, but has played the run well, despite everyone's hatred for him.

Exactly. He isn't trash. The video specifically showed him standing up to a double team, causing the running back to run into his blockers. Williams isn't a stat padder, but he is doing his job. He should have another week where he plays heavily. He is a base DT/NT in our system. He isn't going to be in there on passing downs too much. So when we play those teams that love to pass it a lot, he might not play much.

Also, Riley has surprised me. I was shocked he even made the team. He has played some big snaps. 

Archived