Moving on, the Week 2 GDT: Titans at Jaguars

titans0021

1 thing I wish would happen, & I don't see why Marcus doesn't get it, he needs to show more emotion & be more vocal. He's so quiet & calm, that our team reflects his vibe. Case in point the McNair Eddie George era, every Sunday you knew when you played the titans, it was going to be a fight to the finish. Every game was played with passion & a sense of urgency.

i want to see aggression every game, & not this finesse football I see. Drew Bree's, tom Brady, Peyton manning, cam newton, & Aaron Rodgers all show some type of fierce, in your face competitiveness. Even Dak & jameis & their team feeds off that, mariota is like Murray said the quiet assassin. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

0-4 when Marcus throws more than 40 passes.  I don't know what that means as far as wanting Marcus to be the focal point of the offense. But it's an crazy stat.

That's more of a function of the offense than it is Mariota failing when the game is in his hands. If our offense had to pass more than 40 times, it means we were losing and took to the air to catch up

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

0-4 when Marcus throws more than 40 passes.  I don't know what that means as far as wanting Marcus to be the focal point of the offense. But it's an crazy stat.

Yea that does sound crazy, but if you think about it, & this is what pisses me off about our coaching staff, but when we're playing catch up, we play towards Marcus strength & go 4 wide or no huddle, & that's where his high passing attempts come at.

if the titans stop being predictable wit play calling & put the game in his hands verses having him manage it earlier on through the game.... 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yea that does sound crazy, but if you think about it, & this is what pisses me off about our coaching staff, but when we're playing catch up, we play towards Marcus strength & go 4 wide or no huddle, & that's where his high passing attempts come at.

if the titans stop being predictable wit play calling & put the game in his hands verses having him manage it earlier on through the game.... 

I think the problem is sometimes we try to get too unpredictable and get cute, instead of doing something straight forward. 

Truth to the matter, if you do something that isn't straight up, you get questioned if it doesn't work.  Flea-Flicker, Reverse....Toss pass..etc.  You an idiot if it doesn't work and cool if it does.

I personally like our offense. When executed, it seems to work. I like the run first approach. I'm a little ol school with my football preference.  To me, it's nothing like running the ball down someone's throat. If it isn't working, then, yeah let's air it out more.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think the problem is sometimes we try to get too unpredictable and get cute, instead of doing something straight forward. 

Truth to the matter, if you do something that isn't straight up, you get questioned if it doesn't work.  Flea-Flicker, Reverse....Toss pass..etc.  You an idiot if it doesn't work and cool if it does.

I personally like our offense. When executed, it seems to work. I like the run first approach. I'm a little ol school with my football preference.  To me, it's nothing like running the ball down someone's throat. If it isn't working, then, yeah let's air it out more.

Yeah. We'll be having a successful drive and we'll get cute with a little trick or misdirection type play that'll derail the whole drive.

Sometimes there's too much of the exotic in "exotic smashmouth". But like you said, when it works, it's fun to watch.

14 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I'm out of town so can't use my Sunday ticket.... trying to get the game to work on the fire stick, if that doesn't work I'm headed to the bar at 10 am. Wish me luck lol.

I've never tried to use it more than 90 minutes from home, but I think it should work out of town as well. The fire stick should have the Sunday Ticket app.

I don't think the play-calling is bad most of the time. The fancy plays are what the are. I do think we need to spread the field more often and earlier in the game. Numerous times last year we jump started our offense by letting Mariota go no huddle and spread the defense out. 

Archived