The good, the bad, the WINNING RECORD BABY vs. Chargers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

Good:

• WE WON. Huuuuge potential implications for playoffs
  • Erik Harris with 2 picks (should have been 3, almost 4) and a TD
  • Josh Jacobs ran hard
  • AJ Cole is a solid Punter
  • Benson freaking Mayowa. What a pickup. Dude is awesome at getting to the QB.
  • Hunter Renfrow is going to be a good pro for us for a long time
  • Carr managed the game well
  • Keeping Bosa quiet 99% of the night
  • Mullen played solid. Had a couple tough plays and penalties but overall good showing
  • Ferrell played awesome today as did Crosby. Tons of pressure and TFL's. Need to limit the penalties though.
  • Joseph sealing another game

Bad:

• Some of the calls against us were BS
  • Ingolds dumb 2 penalties
  • Our run D was not good tonight
  • Our LBers are still a major issue
  • Handing the ball off to Richard on 3rd and short too often

Ugly:

• Penalties. We HAVE to keep this crap up. Inexcusable to line offsides 4 times on D.
  • Carlson sucked tonight. Almost lost us the game with the XP and FG misses
  • Rivers when he always complains. Love to see that dude take an L.
  • Playing scared when we have the lead.
  • Mark Davis.
Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

As someone who sh*ts on Ferrell any chance, I have gotten. I would like to start this off by saying tonight I eat crow and a lot of it, but happy to eat it. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of what you can do.

Raiders really looking at 6-4 right in the face with the Bengals next Sunday.

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

As someone who sh*ts on Ferrell any chance, I have gotten. I would like to start this off by saying tonight I eat crow and a lot of it, but happy to eat it. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of what you can do.

Many can't do that here so good for u.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Amen!!!! 

Although it was against 2 backup T's, but he and Crosby looked sensational. Pass rushing moves, counter moves, power, speed, run D, everything.

Ferrell finally showed a glimpse into what he could be. He's young and I can't wait for his future growth.

• Like 1

Good:

- Maxx Crosby and Clelin Ferrell are my Co-MVPs of the game. What did I just say??? They feasted baby! Hurst also looked good. 

- Erik Harris, ball hawk supreme! Everything Nelson was suppose to be. 

- Karl Joseph is having a solid season

- Trayvon Mullen, not great, but gets much better every single game. 

- All Rookies on D are coming together and coming into their own. Vegas is gonna be sick. 

- Josh Jacobs is a beast!!! Vision is sick. Does he have five eyes? Government wants him NOW!!!

- Derek Carr is ballin this season! That one wide open throw on 3rd made me super mad but he came back and balled. He’s a Top 10 QB this season in ANY stat. 

- Our offensive line kept Bosa in check. Ingram got his but fair enough. 

- Alex Ingold is a BEAST. Top 2 FB. 

- Zay Jones and Renfrow both looked very solid to me. 

Neutral:

- Daniel Carlson, look... dude was due for a long miss, medium miss, and extra point miss. Over due for ALL three of those. Maybe it’s good he got it all out now?

Bad:

- Gabe Jackson, mostly money reasons... our backups are just as good as Gabe. Trade in off season, address other positions in FA. 

- Joyner sucks

- Our LBs are terrible, ouch. 

Not much “bad” about this game to be honest. 

Playoffs are definitely a possibility.  You guys have a few cupcakes left on your schedule that should almost be automatic wins.  Win a couple more and you should be in.

All I can say is that after seeing Gruden celebrating with the fans like he did after tonight's win, I'm definitely on the Raiders' bandwagon.  That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen a coach do.  Smart too, because he is really getting the fans on his side by doing that kind of thing.  IMO, he has been worth every penny of that contract so far.

Congrats, Raider fans.  I'll be cheering for you!

P.S.  Someone should get a picture of Gruden with the fans and make a sig out of it.  That would be epic!

• Like 4

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Gruden needs consideration for coach of the year. Dude was laughed at and made fun of all year last year and people left this team for dead cause of the AB stuff and the schedule and he has always made sure the team is ready( aside for the Minny game). 

If we make the playoffs, he certainly is going to be in the running. 

It would probably go to Shannahan though.