NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Starting to wonder with us finding vet depth everywhere outside of OL if that's the route we're taking at 9. All the other dire positions have at least a little bit of help there.

3T is an argument, but feel like you can find good options there later if need be...although Brown/Kinlaw are probably my favorite options. After that though is definitely one of the top OT's.

Yeah, definitely odd they didn’t even try and address the position. You would’ve thought at a minimum they would’ve brought in a vet swing OT to replace Ogbeuhi.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Yeah, definitely odd they didn’t even try and address the position. You would’ve thought at a minimum they would’ve brought in a vet swing OT to replace Ogbeuhi.

Think it's Becton, Wirfs, or Thomas.

I still just don't know how I feel about Wills at LT, but his combine was promising as far as that goes.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think it's Becton, Wirfs, or Thomas.

I still just don't know how I feel about Wills at LT, but his combine was promising as far as that goes.

Agreed. I’d be ecstatic if we could get Wirfs at 9. Could play either RG or LT depending on how Cam plays.

Really depends on what NYG does at pick 4.  

5 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Agreed. I’d be ecstatic if we could get Wirfs at 9. Could play either RG or LT depending on how Cam plays.

Really depends on what NYG does at pick 4.  

Think I prefer Wirfs too due to versatility, but as a pure LT prospect it may be Becton for me. 

Thomas is the safest LT and you know he's going to be rock solid imo. So I wouldn't get upset about him either. Just think Becton can be a top flight elite franchise LT for the next decade at his highest and although Thomas will be a franchise LT, I don't think his upside is quite as high. Counterpoint is Becton has a lower floor. So it really just depends on the person as far as that debate goes imo.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You guys really think Herbert is a hard no for your FO at 9? I think Chargers sign Cam and pass. 

You can’t look my in the eye and tell me Minshew is a Franchise QB. And who knows if you’ll ever be in this position again to draft one. 

We've went the "looks the part, drool over physical tools" route before with Gabbert and Bortles who had serious (legitimate) questions at draft time.

Minshew looked more competent as a rookie than any QB we've had since Garrard, including the previous highly drafted top 5-10 picks. So yes, I think they roll with Minshew and although I think it's more likely he ends up being a low end starter/great backup than franchise QB, there's a chance.

There’s “no chance” he’ll always be a lower tier starter/backup. He just doesn’t have the arm talent. 

No chance you guys trade up for Tua? To me Tua is a bonafide Top 5 QB and true Generational Prospect. I would love for the Raiders to offer 12,19, and a 3rd for him. 

For you guys, 9, 20, and a 4th might do the trick. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There’s “no chance” he’ll always be a lower tier starter/backup. He just doesn’t have the arm talent. 

No chance you guys trade up for Tua? To me Tua is a bonafide Top 5 QB and true Generational Prospect. I would love for the Raiders to offer 12,19, and a 3rd for him. 

He doesn't have the arm talent? What? Just because he doesn't have a cannon doesn't mean he doesn't have an NFL arm. Will definitely make things difficult if he can't improve it at all (arm strength can be improved, although not the most common) though. Saw plenty last year (although not over the middle, we need to see that this year. Didn't exactly have the weapons to do much in that area though) to make me think it'll take at this stage with continued development.

The team isn't going to package a bunch of assets for a QB and move up. Not this year.

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If he didn’t have the arm talent, he wouldn’t be able to make this throw

his arm is more than good enough. 

• Like 1

Those didn’t do much for me but I’m not saying Minshew is bad by any means, but he’s not a long-term answer, and who knows if you ever pick Top 10 again. 

What matters is what the Jag FO thinks. If they fall in love with Herbert or Love, and think they are a franchise guy, they will take them. 

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If he didn’t have the arm talent, he wouldn’t be able to make this throw

his arm is more than good enough. 

Everyone can have their own opinion but I agree, think it's a lazy analysis at this point. If Minshew doesn't make it, it won't be because of arm talent.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Those didn’t do much for me but I’m not saying Minshew is bad by any means, but he’s not a long-term answer, and who knows if you ever pick Top 10 again. 

What matters is what the Jag FO thinks. If they fall in love with Herbert or Love, and think they are a franchise guy, they will take them. 

Why though? Because he was a 6th round pick? Because based on last year, there's no indication that's out of the cards. He's limited physically sure, and that is going to cause questions (rightfully so), hence why no one is crowning him. But he outplayed every other rookie and did that with one of the worst supporting casts out there (Chark and little else)

As far as Love/Herbert, there's been no report/indication we like them at all besides national guys throwing stuff at a wall due to us moving Foles.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Why though? Because he was a 6th round pick? Because based on last year, there's no indication that's out of the cards. He's limited physically sure, and that is going to cause questions (rightfully so), hence why no one is crowning him. But he outplayed every other rookie and did that with one of the worst supporting casts out there (Chark and little else)

As far as Love/Herbert, there's been no report/indication we like them at all besides national guys throwing stuff at a wall due to us moving Foles.

Usually the case when someone is interested in a QB. 

I’m just saying don’t be surprised if it happens at 9. It’s certainly a possibility. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Usually the case when someone is interested in a QB. 

I’m just saying don’t be surprised if it happens at 9. It’s certainly a possibility. 

How do you figure? Most every team that you'd expect to have interest in a QB you've heard about being interested/in on a guy.

The team has a HC and GM that are in a win now mode (although I think that's like 8-9 wins) or they're gone situation. I don't think they're going to spend a top pick with all our holes on a QB that likely needs development.

Yeah, can’t envision a scenario where we go QB in the first. As mentioned above, this CO is in win-now mode... they don’t have the luxury of developing a QB.

Much more likely they will being in Andy Dalton or Jameis to push Minshew. If it doesn’t work out then I’m sure we will be in prime position to go after Lawrence or Fields next year.

• Like 2