NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We have 10 picks and likely enough $ to fill 2-3 spots in FA on the roster. 

I expect 6 of the 10 to be role players or better.  Counting on 5th-7th to key guys is a way to be a tanking team.   A reasonable expectation is for 5-7 are special steamers and projects. 

For every minshew/telvin there is a  tanner lee

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

I expect 6 of the 10 to be role players or better.  Counting on 5th-7th to key guys is a way to be a tanking team.   A reasonable expectation is for 5-7 are special steamers and projects. 

For every minshew/telvin there is a  tanner lee

I'd say that would be a solid haul (if 6/10) are role players.

Ultimately this team isn't a contender right now unless Minshew continues his progression (which the org thinks/expects to happen). Ultimately, a good year would likely be 8-9 wins, with 5-7 more likely. 

Ultimately, I'm surprised Khan ran it back with Caldwell with a must win stamp on this season, but they may be bigger players in FA then we think (which could speed up the process).

47 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Not a fan at C.J. at 9. I’d be over Wirfs at 9 though.

I'm not either at this point, but I will say I do believe he and Okudah are the superior man corners to anyone else in this class. Okudah will be gone top 5, and Henderson isn't making it to 20. So if you don't like Fulton/Gladney...

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not either at this point, but I will say I do believe he and Okudah are the superior man corners to anyone else in this class. Okudah will be gone top 5, and Henderson isn't making it to 20. So if you don't like Fulton/Gladney...

Fulton reminds me of tre white. I like tre white

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Just because a guy reminds you of a player doesn't mean he's going to have that same success...

And just cause a guy isnt considered a top 15 player doesn't mean he wont be a good starting cb. 

Hes a got good size and athleticism. 

To pick henderson over say a stud OT, Brown, Kinlaw, simmons would be a complete mistake. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

And just cause a guy isnt considered a top 15 player doesn't mean he wont be a good starting cb. 

Hes a got good size and athleticism. 

To pick henderson over say a stud OT, Brown, Kinlaw, simmons would be a complete mistake. 

Who said that if a guy isn't considered a top 15 player in the draft he won't be good, or even elite?

Idk how you always come to the conclusions you do.

Point is, there's definitely a view that Okudah and Henderson are in a different tier then the rest as far as draft purposes and where they go are concerned, which is all this discussion is about (not what they eventually could end up being).

You trust your evaluation. If you don't view the available OTs as sticking at LT, with Taylor entrenched at RT, and you put a higher value at shutdown corner then you take Henderson. Derrick Brown (I hope he is and we take advantage of it) seems to be possible for a drop in draft position. Kinlaw was viewed as a lower pick until the Senior Bowl and has catapulted. 

Ultimately this process is tricky and although I have my preferences, at this point I'm not sure I'd be surprised or not understand why Henderson is the pick... especially after watching more of him. Gus upside as a man corner is definitely in that elite tier in my eyes. 

However, me personally, I would prefer Kinlaw, Brown, Simmons, or Wirfs. I am forever scarred by Florida players.

Edited by .Buzz

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I sure hope all this FO nonsense doesnt deter FAs

We'll see. I think as long as we pay up we should be fine. If the money is close between us and another team maybe it'd factor in.

• Like 1