JaguarCrazy2832

NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

16 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think our "draft needs" and our "1st round draft needs" are kinda different.

We need LBer help bad, and the secondary could use help at CB or even S.  We need to be better there, but i don't really know that those are positions i'd spend 1sts on, unless there's someone special that really fits.  Those might be the biggest "needs", but you can find guys at those positions later.

OLine obviously needs work at multiple positions.  I'd probably start at LT and see how that shuffles guys around to maybe cobble a decent line together from there.  Depends on what's there at our picks though.  An interior OL wouldn't upset me with the Rams 1st.

Probably the other most pressing things that stand out for "Round 1" value are WR and TE.  We need dynamic, gamebreaking pass-catching talent.  Someone outside to slot Chark into the right place as a WR2.  Someone with bigtime TE upside to be that go-to target while also fitting with a team that is built to run the ball.

Depending on what happens cap-wise, we'll probably be in the market for Interior DL help.  Nobody there is really getting any younger anyway.  That's going to be fairly dependent on what sort of new coach and scheme we plan to install though.  Hard to pin down exactly what we'll even need most there.

Heck, i'm not even sure we shouldn't be in the 1st Round QB game.  Especially if someone i like is there with that Rams 1st.

im not seeing a 1st round talent at TE right now,  best of the lot per Draft Network is an Evan Engram kinda TE. 

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im not seeing a 1st round talent at TE right now,  best of the lot per Draft Network is an Evan Engram kinda TE. 

Evan Engram was a legit 1st round talent TE, though not the most well-rounded, polished one of the sort i think we'd be looking for.

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

That is...

Big words.

There have been some darn good WR classes in his years.

The question is...how much of that is depth vs top-end quality.  Because what we need isn't more depth...it's that absolute gamebreaking stud.  We need a Julio.  Idk that this draft is deep in those types.