NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know WR is deep but man its tough passing up Jeudy

I personally like Ceedee more, but they're 1a/1b for me.

I just think we have too many issues on the lines to pass up a legit stud at OT/DE/DT for a WR. Especially given the fact all the top big guys at the top are seen as special prospects. Brown, Kinlaw, Becton, Wirfs, Thomas all project as franchise players at their position. 

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I rather have ruggs.  Fast as hell.  Doesn't give up on plays.  Scores a td on like 25% of his catches

And i'd rather have Ceedee Lamb.  xD

Ruggs has that speed, but i feel like we've already got a lot of that "homerun threat" with Chark starting to break out last year.  He's also blazing fast.  Lamb is much more the type of receiver i think we still really lack.  That volume target who just catches everything and soaks up yardage in chunks.  Not that he can't be a downfield threat too, but he's the type of guy who can really thrive in the short/intermediate game and help make things a bit less "feast or famine".

22 hours ago, .Buzz said:

PreciousPowerlessAtlanticspadefish-size_

I'd be all for the first two, but...

Where does Simmons actually play for us though?  Even more so now, after the Schobert signing...it looks like our LBer corps is pretty full up.

Way i see it, they'd pretty much just have to go to a 3 safety nickel sort of base look, with Simmons as that "moneybacker" type fit.  Which i guess could work, with his athleticism and versatility in coverage.  But do we really see this staff actually doing anything resembling that to take advantage?  It'd be interesting because Quincy would be such a natural depth fit in that sort of position.  But hard to imagine these guys actually committing to it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Where does Simmons actually play for us though?  Even more so now, after the Schobert signing...it looks like our LBer corps is pretty full up.

Way i see it, they'd pretty much just have to go to a 3 safety nickel sort of base look, with Simmons as that "moneybacker" type fit.  Which i guess could work, with his athleticism and versatility in coverage.  But do we really see this staff actually doing anything resembling that to take advantage?  It'd be interesting because Quincy would be such a natural depth fit in that sort of position.  But hard to imagine these guys actually committing to it.

Simmons takes jacobs spot?  Improves the pass d for base. 

Nickle with simmons being a stand up rusher?

46 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Simmons takes jacobs spot?  Improves the pass d for base. 

Nickle with simmons being a stand up rusher?

He’s not going to get those type of snaps because Todd Wash isn’t that creative. Simmons at this point would be pointless because the production snap wise wouldn’t added up to the draft slot. A top 10 pick should see the field kind of how I was disappointed Wash wasn’t very creative with the abilities of Fowler or Allen last yr. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

He’s not going to get those type of snaps because Todd Wash isn’t that creative. Simmons at this point would be pointless because the production snap wise wouldn’t added up to the draft slot. A top 10 pick should see the field kind of how I was disappointed Wash wasn’t very creative with the abilities of Fowler or Allen last yr. 

Even if you hate Wash, they wouldn't be drafting a guy with zero idea/plan to use them... especially now that the coaching staff is working in unison with the front office to get players they want/think fit in FA/Draft unlike before.

So if Simmons was taken, the guy is definitely going to be playing a lot of snaps somewhere. Whether you agree with the fit/where they play them is a different matter, but they'll be on the field.

19 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

@.Buzzwasnt wash gonna run ngakoue and Allen as stand up rushers last year before the hold out?

Just now, LinderFournette said:

@.Buzzwasnt wash gonna run ngakoue and Allen as stand up rushers last year before the hold out?

Think it also had to do with Ryan going out, but that's what was reported.

Didn't have the horses/time for it. 

Doesn't help when the FO/coaches have no dialogue on fits/who to get to fill what they want or need like it was reported.

Starting to wonder with us finding vet depth everywhere outside of OL if that's the route we're taking at 9. All the other dire positions have at least a little bit of help there.

3T is an argument, but feel like you can find good options there later if need be...although Brown/Kinlaw are probably my favorite options. After that though is definitely one of the top OT's.

• Like 1