NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

What about if we have a higher end lt available to us and brown is gone then what.

Like?

Jawaan Taylor was seen as a top end RT prospect and has been raved about by most who watch film/talk about him and yet you're acting like he's a bust so far.

I think you're going to be immensely disappointed if we draft and start 2-3 rookies next year too and they also have the usual rookie mistakes/highs and lows. 

Obviously if the BPA is clearly an OL don't pass.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Like?

Jawaan Taylor was seen as a top end RT prospect and has been raved about by most who watch film/talk about him and yet you're acting like he's a bust so far.

I think you're going to be immensely disappointed if we draft and start 2-3 rookies next year too and they also have the usual rookie mistakes/highs and lows. 

Obviously if the BPA is clearly an OL don't pass.

andrew thomas and Wirfs are both better prospects then taylor coming out. taylor was told to be a good run blocker but yet we cant run the ball in his direction. 

both play in Big boy confrences and thomas has done very well at LT for the bulldogs.  wirfs while he might be the starting RT for the Hawkeyes(think Tyron smith coming out of USC) he can play LT with good athleticism and intellegence. hes also a top 50 freak athlete . 

im not saying to replace them all this year but we need to start drafting/grooming some OL to replace them. i would love to see us spend maybe 2 or 3 picks on OL.  i think a NEW OL coach combined with some newer talent should increase our Offense Efficiency as this current group is way to Penalized

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

andrew thomas and Wirfs are both better prospects then taylor coming out. taylor was told to be a good run blocker but yet we cant run the ball in his direction. 

both play in Big boy confrences and thomas has done very well at LT for the bulldogs.  wirfs while he might be the starting RT for the Hawkeyes(think Tyron smith coming out of USC) he can play LT with good athleticism and intellegence. hes also a top 50 freak athlete . 

im not saying to replace them all this year but we need to start drafting/grooming some OL to replace them. i would love to see us spend maybe 2 or 3 picks on OL.  i think a NEW OL coach combined with some newer talent should increase our Offense Efficiency as this current group is way to Penalized

Again, if they're on the board and clearly BPA you aren't going to see me complaining.

You've just talked like we should replace pretty much everyone on the OL and that's just not realistic. Not to mention RG is the only real position that needs to be immediately upgraded. LT potentially as Cam has had his rough go of it, but he's also young and has had a year off/still coming back from a major knee surgery and is too early to write off. Linder has admittedly not been as good this year too, but you can't just replace everyone in one off-season.

I'm all for developmental OL in the mid rounds. But if you're taking a guy round one he's starting. Only spot that should clearly happen is RG, imo.

As far as Taylor goes, he's also playing next to a weak link on the OL and the left side has two absolute maulers. Cam has had his struggles but is a straight monster in the run game. 

Edited by .Buzz

35 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Again, if they're on the board and clearly BPA you aren't going to see me complaining.

You've just talked like we should replace pretty much everyone on the OL and that's just not realistic. Not to mention RG is the only real position that needs to be immediately upgraded. LT potentially as Cam has had his rough go of it, but he's also young and has had a year off/still coming back from a major knee surgery and is too early to write off. Linder has admittedly not been as good this year too, but you can't just replace everyone in one off-season.

I'm all for developmental OL in the mid rounds. But if you're taking a guy round one he's starting. Only spot that should clearly happen is RG, imo.

As far as Taylor goes, he's also playing next to a weak link on the OL and the left side has two absolute maulers. Cam has had his struggles but is a straight monster in the run game. 

i think center needs an upgrade because somehow he has a hold for practically every game not to mention hes a bit injury prone and has very lil dead money if we were to move on from him.

LG i want a lil project one that needs a lil seasoning so we can clear more cap space for whomever we need to keep because Norwells salary is ridiculous, 

i wonder how a OL of something like Thomas-Norwell-Cann-Robinson-Taylor would fair.   robinsons probably better suited as a RT/G then as a Left tackle.

What are people's thoughts on Simmons?

He seems like a stud that can do a lot, but I'm not sure how great of fit considering Myles should move off MLB to WLB and Ronnie is at SS. We also have Quincy who I think has some legit potential but is understandably taking some time to develop/get used to the drastic jump from Murray State.

He's been mocked to us a lot recently. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

What are people's thoughts on Simmons?

He seems like a stud that can do a lot, but I'm not sure how great of fit considering Myles should move off MLB to WLB and Ronnie is at SS. We also have Quincy who I think has some legit potential but is understandably taking some time to develop/get used to the drastic jump from Murray State.

He's been mocked to us a lot recently. 

I think it depends whos available.  Jack could play slb over jacobs.

A jack simmons nickle would be great. A 2 down thumper ala poz would be fine at mlb

As for Quincy my biggest knock so far is his hamstring sucks. 

Edited by LinderFournette

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I think it depends whos available.  Jack could play slb over jacobs.

A jack simmons nickle would be great. A 2 down thumper ala poz would be fine at mlb

As for Quincy my biggest knock so far is his hamstring sucks. 

Feel like we don't have thumper/run stuffer if our LB consists of Quincy, Simmons, and Jack though.

Still early with Quincy, we'll see. Chark had his injury issues too.