NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

If we were to take a WR at 9 who would be your favorite target/who would you be fine with?

My top guy is definitely Lamb, but I think Jeudy or Ruggs would be fine as well. 

If they're serious about Minshew I'm thinking there's a legit shot at one of those at 9 or Jefferson/Mims at 20. This crew around Minshew just isn't good enough right now and all of those guys figure to be very early contributors. WR class may be deep but idk if you're finding a guy who can come in and immediately be a weapon in round 3 and on.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

If we were to take a WR at 9 who would be your favorite target/who would you be fine with?

My top guy is definitely Lamb, but I think Jeudy or Ruggs would be fine as well. 

If they're serious about Minshew I'm thinking there's a legit shot at one of those at 9 or Jefferson/Mims at 20. This crew around Minshew just isn't good enough right now and all of those guys figure to be very early contributors. WR class may be deep but idk if you're finding a guy who can come in and immediately be a weapon in round 3 and on.

I’m for taking Lamb at 9.. 🤔 for some I would not mind taking this Glandy kid from TCU At 20. He isn’t the prototypical 6’0+ corner that the Jags are use to putting on the field but this kid is a dawg. He is 5’ 10 but he plays like a 6’ 1 corner. He’s physical plays the run well aggressive tackler and he has true man to man cover skills. I would not mind seeing him in teal at 20. No wide receiver in the country can say they got the best of him all year including Lamb he played him very well when they got a chance to match up.

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m for taking Lamb at 9.. 🤔 for some I would not mind taking this Glandy kid from TCU At 20. He isn’t the prototypical 6’0+ corner that the Jags are use to putting on the field but this kid is a dawg. He is 5’ 10 but he plays like a 6’ 1 corner. He’s physical plays the run well aggressive tackler and he has true man to man cover skills. I would not mind seeing him in teal at 20. No wide receiver in the country can say they got the best of him all year including Lamb he played him very well when they got a chance to match up.

I'm with you on Gladney. Watched more of him recently and I like him. Think CB is thinner than I thought. I think one will be take with one of our firsts where we select or via a trade down/up now. That's the one spot we absolutely have to address early.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'd be really happy with Lamb at 9.  He's such a well-rounded target who can be a dynamic weapon in pretty much any facet.  Would be swell for Minshew to have a guy who can do pretty much anything well as a bit of a security blanket.  Would pair really well with Chark opposite.

After that...i like Ruggs, but 9 feels too rich for him, and he'll be gone by 20.  So there'd have to be some sort of move up/down to really maximize value imo.  But i'd be happy with Ruggs at say...15.  xD  Wouldn't mind Jeudy in that same sort of area, and he's also a really solid all around prospect, i just lean toward Ruggs dynamic ability.  Especially for someone like Minshew.

Jefferson would be solid at 20 too.  He'd instantly probably become Minshew's favourite volume target, and bring an element we don't really have.

But there's also the prospect of just waiting on WR and grabbing one at the top of Round2.  I think a guy like Shenault or Pittman would look good there, and fit in with what our group needs really well.  Could see Dave really liking Pittman, with a bit of ARob to his game.  One of the WR picks Dave really nailed previously.  Would plug in nicely opposite Chark too.

I'm still kinda thinking the biggest thing they could do to help a QB here, is fix the darn OLine though.  Which basically boils down to finding a starting LT instead of relying on Cam to not suck there.  Really starting to feel like the latter is kinda the plan though.  So WR would be next up on helping Minshew out and giving him a fighting chance at success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Gladney is an interesting one.  Seems like a lot of people love him, and it's easy to like the fiery competitiveness there, with a solid college resume.  But i can't shake the feeling that he might become a flag magnet at the NFL level.  The line between "feisty and competitive" and "handsy and illegal" moves quite a bit from college to the Pros, and it feels like he's already often kinda tightrope walking it.

9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Definitely would be good with him at 9. They honestly need to move Cam inside. I think he would thrive at G.

I'd love Andrew Thomas.

Still don't think their taking an OL but I hope I'm wrong. As far as Cam I'm not sure about that but I wouldn't be against trying it.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'd love Andrew Thomas.

Still don't think their taking an OL but I hope I'm wrong. As far as Cam I'm not sure about that but I wouldn't be against trying it.

I just don’t like him in space. Playing next to Linder and Taylor in tight quarters would be pretty beneficial.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I just don’t like him in space. Playing next to Linder and Taylor in tight quarters would be pretty beneficial.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Just isn't always an easy transition, especially when he's never played there in his career. It's a pretty drastic change.

I'm obviously for drafting an OT though and if you do that at 9 or 20 they're probably starting. Would like to see us at least try him there but if he doesn't work out he'd probably just end up being our swing tackle.

In the Bold Take pod posted yesterday, Dilla said we have Okudah as #1 on our board and if he falls to 5-6 we'd look into a move up.

We have 5 OT prospects with round 1 grades: Becton, Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, and Wilson.

49 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

In the Bold Take pod posted yesterday, Dilla said we have Okudah as #1 on our board and if he falls to 5-6 we'd look into a move up.

We have 5 OT prospects with round 1 grades: Becton, Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, and Wilson.

Interesting they dont value josh jones. 

Wilson i would go with a pass cuz hes pretty much just a right tackle