NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

On 4/9/2020 at 3:45 PM, .Buzz said:

There's zero way to assume this teams as currently constructed does any better than 3-5 wins unless Minshew takes a step. Not sure what you were expecting lol.

If he takes a step, average QB play gets you to 7+ wins imo.

If he doesn't, we're in the thick of it for Lawrence/Fields, just like you'd wanna be if Minshew isn't the answer.

What's the possibility that Jax tanks/trade their top this year and goes for Lawrence/Fields for next year?

BTW, how do I "like" another post? 

34 minutes ago, JStar221 said:

What's the possibility that Jax tanks/trade their top this year and goes for Lawrence/Fields for next year?

BTW, how do I "like" another post? 

This regime is all in a year where they likely need to win to keep their jobs. So I don't think there going to be doing anything but trying to win.

The little football in the bottom right corner of each post is the like button.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

As I keep doing these simulation mocks as much noise is being made about the wide outs. The same should be made for corners. There are some pretty interesting prospects that completely fit what the Jags love to do on defense. This draft could be a draft where you could end up finding 2 quality starters. With big corners like Lamar Jackson, AJ Green, and L’Jarius Sneed should get looks for the Jags into the 4th and 5th rounds. Sneed is interesting 6’1 190lbs.. 4.37 at the combine. We should be able to get decent enough corners to turn Herndon back into the 3rd or 4th corner.

6 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

As I keep doing these simulation mocks as much noise is being made about the wide outs. The same should be made for corners. There are some pretty interesting prospects that completely fit what the Jags love to do on defense. This draft could be a draft where you could end up finding 2 quality starters. With big corners like Lamar Jackson, AJ Green, and L’Jarius Sneed should get looks for the Jags into the 4th and 5th rounds. Sneed is interesting 6’1 190lbs.. 4.37 at the combine. We should be able to get decent enough corners to turn Herndon back into the 3rd or 4th corner.

I think Herndon played well enough last year to have a shot at the #2 spot next year. He held his own even when he was getting targeted like crazy post-Ramsey trade.

We need more depth than a corner in the first two rounds though. So I'd definitely be about adding another got in the 4th-5th.

Kind of crazy to me seeing a lot of the fanbase being so against Brown. How does everyone feel about him at the next level? He's obviously going to be an anchor on run D, but it seems like some people don't think he'll collapse the pocket much on passing downs.

I think people are overthinking him.

12 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Dilla just said it’s Okudah if we trade up, Wirfs at 9 if he is available, or Brown of Wirfs is gone.

Wirfs is my guy so this pleases me.

Yeah, I saw that. I hope he's right as I want an OT badly.

I don't get the hate for Brown man. I get his combine was bad but he looked like a wrecking ball in there everytime I watch Auburn.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Kind of crazy to me seeing a lot of the fanbase being so against Brown. How does everyone feel about him at the next level? He's obviously going to be an anchor on run D, but it seems like some people don't think he'll collapse the pocket much on passing downs.

I think people are overthinking him.

I just don't know exactly what he is.  He feels to me, like a big 3T who isn't a penetrator.  In sub packages, sure...he's that "biggest rusher".  But i don't feel like he's going to be this consistent disruptive presence.  And he'd have to be a monster in the run game as a NT to compensate, which i don't think he is either.  He's just...a NT/3T tweener to me.  Impressive ability and could work in the right system with growth...just not a guy i'm taking Top-10.