NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Williams would be Simmons backup abd we would have ? At mike. 

That lb corps would be good coverage wise but run d im not sold

It'd be awful run D wise. Not that they are all bad in that area, but we're seeing how much not having a natural MLB is killing this defense.

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I know we dont need him but Chase young would be down right unfair if we keep ngakoue to pair with Allen and young. 

Young would be cool but honestly I'm more about Brown given our current setup. Only reason Brown isn't a top 5 lock is due to position imo.

On 29/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, .Buzz said:

I agree with John here.

I think you draft/develop a tackle incase behind Cam, draft a RG, and roll with that unit next year.

I don't think you cut ties with Norwell for next year, because financially, it still doesn't make sense.  But i think you want competition to push him and replace him.

Drafting a potential LT would be a good start in figuring out how that left side of the line is going to work.  Either Cam is going to work at LT, or he's going to shuffle in to LG competition, or maybe even just move to RT and Taylor becomes a RG where he'd fit better.  

On 29/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, LinderFournette said:

i think center needs an upgrade because somehow he has a hold for practically every game not to mention hes a bit injury prone and has very lil dead money if we were to move on from him.

LG i want a lil project one that needs a lil seasoning so we can clear more cap space for whomever we need to keep because Norwells salary is ridiculous, 

i wonder how a OL of something like Thomas-Norwell-Cann-Robinson-Taylor would fair.   robinsons probably better suited as a RT/G then as a Left tackle.

This is where it gets more complicated, in that Linder has been less good at Center than he has a RG.  Maybe you just move him back there, and find a Center that can step right in instead.  Big ask from a rookie, but flanked by vets like Linder and Norwell...they'd have plenty of experience beside them to help get them up to speed and making calls.

If you have Norwell at LG and Linder at RG playing up to the sort of "Pro Bowl" potential they've both shown...that can mask a lot for a Center, and at the same time...have a lot to do with having a true Center between them that gets both of them moving in the right direction.

And by the same tune...having those two solid bookends at LT/RT, makes life so much easier on the interior OL.  Neither of our OT spots has looked very solid.  Which is where a franchise LT or even a solid RT, has that cascade effect that can help shore up the interior.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I don't think you cut ties with Norwell for next year, because financially, it still doesn't make sense.  But i think you want competition to push him and replace him.

Drafting a potential LT would be a good start in figuring out how that left side of the line is going to work.  Either Cam is going to work at LT, or he's going to shuffle in to LG competition, or maybe even just move to RT and Taylor becomes a RG where he'd fit better.  

This is where it gets more complicated, in that Linder has been less good at Center than he has a RG.  Maybe you just move him back there, and find a Center that can step right in instead.  Big ask from a rookie, but flanked by vets like Linder and Norwell...they'd have plenty of experience beside them to help get them up to speed and making calls.

If you have Norwell at LG and Linder at RG playing up to the sort of "Pro Bowl" potential they've both shown...that can mask a lot for a Center, and at the same time...have a lot to do with having a true Center between them that gets both of them moving in the right direction.

And by the same tune...having those two solid bookends at LT/RT, makes life so much easier on the interior OL.  Neither of our OT spots has looked very solid.  Which is where a franchise LT or even a solid RT, has that cascade effect that can help shore up the interior.

How about shuffle robinson to rg and keep Taylor at rt for another season