Jump to content
JaguarCrazy2832

NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Would u rather have wirfs/willis/thomas or jeudy/lamb

OL over WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Would u rather have wirfs/willis/thomas or jeudy/lamb

That's a good question.  Really need a top WR and the place to get those "prototype" receivers we really need, tends to be at the top of the draft.  We don't need just "another guy" at WR...we need that top of the depth chart weapon, and have for a while now.  But all the WR talent in the world doesn't really mean much, if the OLine can't hold it together and give the QB a chance.  Top of the draft type OTs feel a bit more "hit or miss" though.

I kinda lean OLine in a pragmatic sense...but it'd be a lot more exciting landing one of those receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's a good question.  Really need a top WR and the place to get those "prototype" receivers we really need, tends to be at the top of the draft.  We don't need just "another guy" at WR...we need that top of the depth chart weapon, and have for a while now.  But all the WR talent in the world doesn't really mean much, if the OLine can't hold it together and give the QB a chance.  Top of the draft type OTs feel a bit more "hit or miss" though.

I kinda lean OLine in a pragmatic sense...but it'd be a lot more exciting landing one of those receivers.

Yeah, OTs at the top scare me. Think Thomas is going to be a very good one though.

I'd be happy with a WR and nabbing an OL with Rams pick. Continue to build the trenches in Rd 2 and 3. Maybe a LB depending on value.

I feel like Jeudy would be a great fit with what we lack at the position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Cards may pull out the Browns game. If they do and we lose we move up to #6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Moved down 1 slot with the W. Not bad.

Yeah.  Combined with the above-mentioned spanking the Rams took today, i'll take that on balance.  Plus a win, which is nice, even if kinda fruitless at this point in this season.  Shows they're still playing to win though, and that's always positive.  Even if they're not actually good enough to do it much.  Though for some of these potential draft targets...moving up the order would make me feel safer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Combined with the above-mentioned spanking the Rams took today, i'll take that on balance.  Plus a win, which is nice, even if kinda fruitless at this point in this season.  Shows they're still playing to win though, and that's always positive.  Even if they're not actually good enough to do it much.  Though for some of these potential draft targets...moving up the order would make me feel safer.

Young, Brown, Okudah, Thomas, Jeudy, CeeDee, Wirfs, Simmons. Epenesa and Delpit are in that territory for me too.

All guys, at this point in time, that I think are in that elite territory at the top. If we come away with one (ideally a DL/OL), we should be pretty happy.

Let's just make sure we're top 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Team trade down.

This team needs as many chances in the lottery as possible. We need talent everywhere.

If we only had one first then I'd agree.

Jalen trade gave us a lot more capital these next couple years. I'd be fine trading down from our Rams spot, but I'd prefer to stick in the range of an elite prospect if we're high enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Young, Brown, Okudah, Thomas, Jeudy, CeeDee, Wirfs, Simmons. Epenesa and Delpit are in that territory for me too.

All guys, at this point in time, that I think are in that elite territory at the top. If we come away with one (ideally a DL/OL), we should be pretty happy.

Let's just make sure we're top 10.

I'm still really lukewarm on grabbing a DLine at the top of the draft.  But i think that's more just frustration that we now have two elite/potentially elite edge rushers, and our interior line has fallen by the wayside.  We can still get pressure, but that interior does need work unfortunately.  Just so much investment over the past years in that unit (financially, and in the draft).  Like even last year's pick...i was absolutely thrilled that Allen fell to us, but it was still very much a bit of a "luxury pick" at an area where we already had Yan.

It's also an area where i feel like what sort of scheme our new staff implements, is going to have a big impact on exactly what we need.

 

I think a base 3-4 switch could be the ticket to potentially mitigate a bit of our DLine need, while also potentially helping our absolutely dire off-ball LBer situation.  But we really have no clue what's gonna hit the field next fall.

 

But yeah.  Within the Top-10...as long as they pick the right guy, there should be plenty of options.  A couple spots better with our Rams 1st gives us some nice comfort of getting a good player, and positions us better if there is a reason to move up.  Of course...the key is always still just not ******* it up, which hopefully the new management excel at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm still really lukewarm on grabbing a DLine at the top of the draft.  But i think that's more just frustration that we now have two elite/potentially elite edge rushers, and our interior line has fallen by the wayside.  We can still get pressure, but that interior does need work unfortunately.  Just so much investment over the past years in that unit (financially, and in the draft).  Like even last year's pick...i was absolutely thrilled that Allen fell to us, but it was still very much a bit of a "luxury pick" at an area where we already had Yan.

It's also an area where i feel like what sort of scheme our new staff implements, is going to have a big impact on exactly what we need.

 

I think a base 3-4 switch could be the ticket to potentially mitigate a bit of our DLine need, while also potentially helping our absolutely dire off-ball LBer situation.  But we really have no clue what's gonna hit the field next fall.

 

But yeah.  Within the Top-10...as long as they pick the right guy, there should be plenty of options.  A couple spots better with our Rams 1st gives us some nice comfort of getting a good player, and positions us better if there is a reason to move up.  Of course...the key is always still just not ******* it up, which hopefully the new management excel at.

Tbf, the only two DL I listed are Young and Brown. Both are just too big of freaks not to be super into. Young obviously is less of a fit for us and truthfully no way he's there, but if Brown is I'd be devastated if we didn't spring to the podium for him. Just a freak and would fix a lot of issues we have on D alone imo.

We def could probably wait for that run stuffer DL til round 3 or so but we definitely need to shore it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Team trade down.

This team needs as many chances in the lottery as possible. We need talent everywhere.

Maybe.  Depends on who is there really.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

If we only had one first then I'd agree.

Jalen trade gave us a lot more capital these next couple years. I'd be fine trading down from our Rams spot, but I'd prefer to stick in the range of an elite prospect if we're high enough. 

That's true.  But it's also how some of the better teams have hoodwinked people for ages.  It can absolutely change a franchise overnight, if you can somehow add 3 good first round picks, and maybe a couple 2nds too.  That influx of high-end cheap talent can be a game-changer.

It's really a question of how the draft falls, and if the right player is there.  The trade down idea could be a game-changer for how quickly you can turn this team around.  You need the right aggressive management in place, to have confidence in their projections and believe that they can turn a dollar and a quarter into 8 quarters or better.  You're probably gonna trade yourself out of the opportunity to get a Josh Allen type "faller"...but if you can shore up 3 positions long-term instead of 2...that could be a positive.  So long as you're not passing up that Josh Allen type find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×