NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

???

An elite edge rusher.

Pure nose tackles don't get taken top 10 (if that's all he thinks of him).

so your saying if u knew the guy was gonna be a STAR  NT  like Wilfork u wouldnt take that in the top 10.   i just find it odd he sees him as just a NT and not a 1 and 3tech.

Just an excerpt from a Draft Network scouting report

Versatility - If you can dream something up, odds are he can do it. Can play up and down the line as a true nose, at 1T/3T/5T or even as a base end. He's a dream come true for multiple front defenses, where he can be moved and still execute different tasks at a high level. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

so your saying if u knew the guy was gonna be a STAR  NT  like Wilfork u wouldnt take that in the top 10.   i just find it odd he sees him as just a NT and not a 1 and 3tech.

Clearly it doesn't sound like Dave does, nor can you say you know he's going to be that elite of a NT.

I've already said personally, he's my top target. Doesn't sound like Dave is the same if Dillas source is right on this one.

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Clearly it doesn't sound like Dave does, nor can you say you know he's going to be that elite of a NT.

I've already said personally, he's my top target. Doesn't sound like Dave is the same if Dillas source is right on this one.

Its probably just a smoke screen so people dont think we will.  If hes there and we pass......

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Its probably just a smoke screen so people dont think we will.  If hes there and we pass......

Think quite a few people would understandably be upset.

If Thomas/Wirfs or Simmons are there, it does get interesting as you either have a franchise LT or another absolute freak of a player sitting there, but Brown fixed such a massive need.

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Thats like the Bryan Anger argument about him I round 3. If he isn't a STAR though its a bad pick unlike a QB or a pass rusher where at least if they are good its a fine pick even if they aren't All-pro

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats like the Bryan Anger argument about him I round 3. If he isn't a STAR though its a bad pick unlike a QB or a pass rusher where at least if they are good its a fine pick even if they aren't All-pro

Brown should be a probowl caliber DT at the least.  Ive seen comps to Suh and to dareus and both of those are worth a top 10 pick. 

2 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

What we need is talent. Simmons could play LB, SAF, CB, and Edge. If our coaches can’t figure out how to use him then they shouldn’t be coaching.

This.

This isn't a pure WILL. If you watch him you can see the guy is literally a unicorn out there that can do pretty much everything. He had solid bend off the edge in one rep as a pass rusher. In coverage 1-1 no one ever had a chance. His speed and length are so damn freaky.

As far as #9, I really doubt he's there at this point. He was already seen super highly and then he basically had a flawless game in the national championship + we all know he's going to test insanely at the combine.