NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I have 0 faith in wash figuring that out cuz he cant figure out how to even stop teams running the ball. 

I would hope Dave wouldn't pass on a guy because he's worried about his DC not letting him do his thing.

Simmons is elite and one of a kind. 

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I would hope Dave wouldn't pass on a guy because he's worried about his DC not letting him do his thing.

Simmons is elite and one of a kind. 

Seeing dave thinks brown is just a nose tackle.....im gonna limb out and say he thinks simmons is a wlb. U dont draft those top 10 just like nose tackles

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Seeing dave thinks brown is just a nose tackle.....im gonna limb out and say he thinks simmons is a wlb. U dont draft those top 10 just like nose tackles

He's getting comps to Sean Taylor and Derwin James. 

Again, he isn't normal. Trying to pigeon hole him into one position is stupid.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's getting comps to Sean Taylor and Derwin James. 

Again, he isn't normal. Trying to pigeon hole him into one position is stupid.

neither is Derrick Brown and pigeonholing him as a NT and Dillas reporting that caldwell veiws him as just a NT when its clear as day he can be a NT a 3tech and a 5th tech. either shows that Caldwell doesnt know how to figure out Fits or Caldwell is trying to be coy about  wanting him. 

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

neither is Derrick Brown and pigeonholing him as a NT and Dillas reporting that caldwell veiws him as just a NT when its clear as day he can be a NT a 3tech and a 5th tech. either shows that Caldwell doesnt know how to figure out Fits or Caldwell is trying to be coy about  wanting him. 

So because he may view him in a light that the national media/you feel about Brown means that every eval he'll have on players is pigeonholing that player into one specific position?

...ok

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

So because he may view him in a light that the national media/you feel about Brown means that every eval he'll have on players is pigeonholing that player into one specific position?

...ok

because if u watch the tape u can Tell BROWN can play those 3 spots.  

Caldwell will have him be a WLB and you dont take those top 10 regardless of how good they are tho simmons is more of  Modern LB so he should go like 15 or so.

FWIW both Taylor and Derwin both fell in the draft regardless of their "talent"

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

because if u watch the tape u can Tell BROWN can play those 3 spots.  

Caldwell will have him be a WLB and you dont take those top 10 regardless of how good they are tho simmons is more of  Modern LB so he should go like 15 or so.

FWIW both Taylor and Derwin both fell in the draft regardless of their "talent"

Lol, again, so you think because he has a guy at one spot that you disagree with that means he pigeon holes another guy at one position?

If that's really your take than just going to have to agree to disagree.

On 13/01/2020 at 11:11 AM, .Buzz said:

???

An elite edge rusher.

Pure nose tackles don't get taken top 10 (if that's all he thinks of him).

I mean, i don't think that's an unfair take.  It's just not as valuable a position, and more than that even...it has a tendency to be a slower/later developing position.  Where top NTs often seem to come into their own after a while in a Pro system, where the early stars often seem to fade.

I wouldn't be too excited about Brown that high in the draft.  Even if he's an absolute stud NT with some 3T versatility...it's kinda uninspiring.  I just see a guy with some really impressive athletic traits, but far too often on the wrong side of blocks in college if he's going to be that massive defensive NT anchor.  Like...there's obviously potential there, but is he going to be Fletcher Cox?  I don't necessarily see it.  The tools are there, but i don't see the same awareness and savvy.

I'd rather just spend the pick on a more premium position.

On 14/01/2020 at 9:15 AM, .Buzz said:

Doesn't seem like anything really worth getting all worked up about.  Everyone knows the guy is fast.  Running a 4.3 before he ever played a down of football is like...yeah, some guys have track speed.  Especially unconfirmed.  I'd doubt he runs that at the combine.  But it doesn't really matter.  Speed isn't a question with him.  But whether he runs an official 4.3/4.4/4.5...does it honestly even make a lick of difference?  He's fast.  Doesn't make sense to covet or move a LBer up or down, or covet them more or less based on a tenth of a second to me...when he obviously plays far more than fast enough on the field.