NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like we always get mocked Florida players because they play close to Jacksonville

Agreed, but CB is a massive need and he seems to be viewed in that top 10-15 now after the combine.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed, but CB is a massive need and he seems to be viewed in that top 10-15 now after the combine.

i feel hes closer to 15 then 10. i know not every player is the same but look at that CB track record lately of Florida CBs. its not very good. 

i just think theres better talent to pick then him especially when i can get a guy who would thrive in our defense is Bryce Hall in round 2/3.   Baalke loves to take chances on players coming off injury and Hall is coming off an injury. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Definitely fits a need and wouldn't be a bad pick but I still want BPA. We have loads of needs everywhere, I find it hard to believe BPA wont also fill a need

theres 1 guy i like but i dont see us picking him cuz we already have 3 QBS on the roster and we dont need a 4th that can be on a 53 man roster.  Granted this QB needs a Year to polish and such but hes got some good potential i think. 

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

theres 1 guy i like but i dont see us picking him cuz we already have 3 QBS on the roster and we dont need a 4th that can be on a 53 man roster.  Granted this QB needs a Year to polish and such but hes got some good potential i think. 

Any reason why you dont say who?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Cuz the opinioms vary alot on him but Jordan Love has the physical tools to be similiar to Mahomes

Kinda feels like Love is climbing boards to the point where he won't even really be there for us anyway.  Short of nabbing him at 9.  lol.

Opinions really are all over on him...but often when that's the case, it means there are some teams that are really high on him, to the point they'll be grabbing him earlier than expected, in the 1st round.

QB draft boards seem pretty scrambled this year though, so who knows.  Some scouts seem to absolutely adore Herbert for some unfathomable reason...others want absolutely nothing to do with him.  Some people love Love and are throwing around those "Mahomes-lite" type comparisons...others think he's a mid-round project.  Tua is all over the place, depending on how people feel about his health and durability issues.  People seem pretty split on whether Eason and Fromm are either good early Day 2 projects, or total trashcan waste of a pick projects.

I think the people prognosticating that they won't go for a QB draft pick this year are probably right.  So disappointingly, it's all probably a moot point.  Personally, i think it'd be a great year to do it...so i'm going to keep advocating for it, and discussing it as an option.  But it'd mean unloading Foles and smearing more egg on their own faces over that whole fiasco (though i'd also argue having him sit on the bench as a weekly reminder of the blunder is worse).  It'd just be so nice to have someone else in house to step in and at least give a glimmer of excitement to the latter half of the year, after Minshew has QB'd this team to some maybe sorta adequate games with a few flashes and a big losing record.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I had a QB and OT galore in my latest mock. Simmons, Okudah, D. Brown all on the board. Who you guys want?

Need wise Okudah cuz we don't have an established starting cb.  Probably should take Derrick Brown cuz honestly our DL outside of Allen, Jones(jag), gunter(maybe average starter), smoot(role player), bryan(rotational quality with upside).  I refuse to put ngakoue as on or off the team till its decided. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I had a QB and OT galore in my latest mock. Simmons, Okudah, D. Brown all on the board. Who you guys want?

Okudah.

Can find a big run stuffer later. Love Brown but Okudah is more valuable.