NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

So, we can pretty much pencil in a RB with our 3rd round pick i guess.  xD

Makes sense.  I'd argue that's the real meat of this draft at RB too.  Sorta 50-100 range.

Personally, i don't really care much for Swift or Akers.  I'd have Taylor comfortably in that range, along with Moss instead.  But that 2nd/3rd round range feels like the place where these RBs are going to variously get scooped up.  Before kinda dropping off a noticeable tier it seems.

Talked about Taylor's issue with fumbles and his wear and tear at Wisconsin along with age being an issue for us.

Personally, give me CEH or Akers. At that point I'd be cool with Swift, but he's probably my last one on that list.

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Wasnt it reported at 1 time we viewed brown strictly as a nt?

I dont see why the jags should consider thomas as just a guard. To me he seems as a better tackle prospect then cam

I'd imagine viewing Thomas as more of a Guard, probably has to do with how often he seems to end up working with a blocking TE outside him vs certain types of rushers.  He's better working against inside counters than speed around the edge, and more of a bulldozer in the run game than a guy with those elite movement skills on an island.

Better tackle prospect than Cam?  Probably...yeah.  But Cam was also a 2nd round pick, and also hasn't been good enough.  So that's not necessarily where you set the bar.  I mean...if they're drafting a LT prospect in the first place...it's more or less fundamentally an admission that Cam isn't really a LT.  So "better than not good enough" doesn't mean a lot.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Talked about Taylor's issue with fumbles and his wear and tear at Wisconsin along with age being an issue for us.

Personally, give me CEH or Akers. At that point I'd be cool with Swift, but he's probably my last one on that list.

Yeah, that's fair on the fumbles i guess.

I'm not sure how much i care about the whole "wear and tear" thing in this day and age though.  Like...odds are good that you won't be seeing most of these RBs with their original team beyond their rookie contract these days anyway.  So as long as there's enough tread left on the tires to manage that, i don't necessarily think it matters much.  I think Taylor's probably got enough left in him to make it through that rookie deal fine.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

So, we can pretty much pencil in a RB with our 3rd round pick i guess.  xD

Makes sense.  I'd argue that's the real meat of this draft at RB too.  Sorta 50-100 range.

Personally, i don't really care much for Swift or Akers.  I'd have Taylor comfortably in that range, along with Moss instead.  But that 2nd/3rd round range feels like the place where these RBs are going to variously get scooped up.  Before kinda dropping off a noticeable tier it seems.

I just wish we could be one of those teams that doesnt have to spend a premium pick on RB. Supposedly they are a dime a dozen but we never find them that way

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah, that's fair on the fumbles i guess.

I'm not sure how much i care about the whole "wear and tear" thing in this day and age though.  Like...odds are good that you won't be seeing most of these RBs with their original team beyond their rookie contract these days anyway.  So as long as there's enough tread left on the tires to manage that, i don't necessarily think it matters much.  I think Taylor's probably got enough left in him to make it through that rookie deal fine.

Yea the fumbles are too much of a concern and thats coming from a big Badger fan. Not worried about the wear and tear because like you said they probably wont get an extension or at least a long term one at least but this team cant afford to turn the ball over more. its like drafting a WR with iffy hands. We cant be dropping passes to convert 2nd and 8 because 3rd and 8 feels like a punt formation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean everything with draft trade talks hinge on players falling/being there.

Fair enough,  I dont love going down to 16(prefer a pick or 2 earlier to be safe) between:

2-3 QBs

3 WRs

4 OTs

Young

Brown

Simmons

Okudah-Henderson

I feel like 16 is beyond the breaking point. 

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Fair enough,  I dont love going down to 16(prefer a pick or 2 earlier to be safe) between:

2-3 QBs

3 WRs

4 OTs

Young

Brown

Simmons

Okudah-Henderson

I feel like 16 is beyond the breaking point. 

Burrow, Tua, Young, Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, Henderson, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Kinlaw, Becton. Think there's a slight dropoff after that, but not far, to guys like Kristian Fulton, Justin Jefferson, etc.

The likelihood of there being zero out of the box picks in the top 15 would surprise me though. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Burrow, Tua, Young, Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, Henderson, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Kinlaw, Becton. Think there's a slight dropoff after that, but not far, to guys like Kristian Fulton, Justin Jefferson, etc.

The likelihood of there being zero out of the box picks in the top 15 would surprise me though. 

Yea i guess I’m playing it safe but there probably is a head scratcher or 2 that i didnt list effectively making 16 still valuable on my scale

• Like 1