NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ed Oliver...but they're also two very different types. He's built in your more Donald mold whereas Brown is more Dareus. Both fantastic players, and one that imo we'd be lucky to get at 9 (just like BUF was).

Derrick Brown was a wrecking ball and took on double and triple teams all the time/allowed for others to get their's. That's not going to happen all the time in the NFL. He also played pretty much the entire DL at Auburn and excelled at each one. Didn't miss a single tackle all year (which is also insane).

Yea i think Brown is getting undervalued by some. Yea he wasnt this elite caliber pass rusher but when you’re constantly seeing double/triple teams how much do you expect him to ragdoll and get sacks? He still gets pressure, incredible vs the run and plays with a strong motor

i get that you want him to have the numbers but even on a good DL he was keyed on. 

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Probably means we're willing to move back for a bit less than others ahead of us.  But i probably don't mind that, as long as we're getting a bit of extra value out of it.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Makes sense...was surprised no one but Breer has really mentioned us in this vein.

This is the other component though, for sure.  We're in sort of a prime spot for teams to move up and have a shot at either the first, or last of whatever they're looking for.  

Potentially could be the place to get your pick of the WR group...or could also be more or less the place you have to get to in order to snag the last of the "top OTs".  Especially if a number of teams are indeed looking at Thomas and Wirfs as Guards.  That'd put a real damper on the "supply", if it's really down to just Wills and Becton as OTs for some teams.

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yuck.  I don't get the Jaylon Johnson thing at all.  I'd be okay with him in the 3rd round as a project i guess.

A lot of these jokers just throw darts but they don’t know the Jags tendencies of characteristics the Jags look for in players so they just go off their big board and what the Jags need and pair the 2 together.. it’s the mock draft way. 😂

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

A lot of these jokers just throw darts but they don’t know the Jags tendencies of characteristics the Jags look for in players so they just go off their big board and what the Jags need and pair the 2 together.. it’s the mock draft way. 😂

???

Did you read the blurb?

14 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Probably means we're willing to move back for a bit less than others ahead of us.  But i probably don't mind that, as long as we're getting a bit of extra value out of it.

This is the other component though, for sure.  We're in sort of a prime spot for teams to move up and have a shot at either the first, or last of whatever they're looking for.  

Potentially could be the place to get your pick of the WR group...or could also be more or less the place you have to get to in order to snag the last of the "top OTs".  Especially if a number of teams are indeed looking at Thomas and Wirfs as Guards.  That'd put a real damper on the "supply", if it's really down to just Wills and Becton as OTs for some teams.

I agree you’re going to get one of the other either top flight wideout or OT.. pick which one that is going to make you immediately better. If you trade back I wouldn’t trade back any further then 15. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

6 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

About taking him at 20?🤨 If they think he’s the 20th best player in the draft 🤷‍♂️. Personally I don’t but the Jags are known to reach. 

He said he has heard the Jaguars are one of three teams that are the highest on Jaylon. He didn't just plug him here in a mock out of the sky.

I haven't seen Jaylon fall out of round 1 in many mocks, and I've definitely seen him in that 18-25 range plenty. Some may not like him (everyone has guys they don't like), but wouldn't really call it a reach with where he's viewed by most.

48 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He said he has heard the Jaguars are one of three teams that are the highest on Jaylon. He didn't just plug him here in a mock out of the sky.

I haven't seen Jaylon fall out of round 1 in many mocks, and I've definitely seen him in that 18-25 range plenty. Some may not like him (everyone has guys they don't like), but wouldn't really call it a reach with where he's viewed by most.

I think when you break the draft down a lot of people may view him as a 1st rounder but once the picks start running off the board he’ll end up being a day 2 selection but I could see a West Coast team who has scouted him would be more in play to draft him late in the first then the second.