NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wasnt that "prospects" and not "defensive prospects"? If so, I'd add Burrow and drop a guy off that list.

Regardless, definitely expect them to jump on either one of they're there.

I'd be curious if the right trade offer was there would we pass on the obvious guy to load up on picks. Like not even a good trade but a GREAT trade

Just now, .Buzz said:

That gif explains what my feelings would be.

Team needs elite talent. Both are elite level prospects. Jump at them.

We need everything though so while I agree we need elite level guys, I'm curious if someone comes running with a good trade offer do we run to the podium with the obvious pick or trade down for a ransom?

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We need everything though so while I agree we need elite level guys, I'm curious if someone comes running with a good trade offer do we run to the podium with the obvious pick or trade down for a ransom?

We aren't getting more than a 2nd and maybe a mid/late round pick to drop to 15-16. Maybe less.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Would definitely prefer Jefferson there but can’t get mad at bringing in competition for Gardner I guess.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Although again if the powers that be are worried about job security drafting a QB that definitely needs work isnt a good get rich quick scheme 

22 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I agree you’re going to get one of the other either top flight wideout or OT.. pick which one that is going to make you immediately better. If you trade back I wouldn’t trade back any further then 15. 

Yeah.  There's definitely a risk to moving back, that we could move ourselves right out of range of the top tier of those positions.  Especially dropping below 15.

The way things are shaping up, i'd probably almost be happiest just standing pat and grabbing a top WR or OT at 9.  Unless something really wild happens, i think you can be pretty confident you'll have strong options there.

The way a trade back would really make sense to me, would be if they aren't going to go after either of those positions anyway or think "their guy" is going to slip to them anyway...and can get enough from moving back a few spots from 9...to move up a few spots from 20.  That'd position us better overall for the sort of tiers/drop-offs in the way i see the board.  To potentially land two players from that upper tier (assuming at least a few QBs go early and that there will inevitably be one or two unexpected "off the board reaches").