NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

13 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It's a fair concern about the "professionalism".  This team needs not only "elite talent", but with the massive exodus lately...this team needs leaders and guys who are going to come in and set a tone for the team.  Ideally...those two go hand-in-hand.

Though with Becton...there's always the hope that getting him into a different setting as an actual professional, gets him into the right mindset to keep his fitness in check.

For me...i like Lamb over Jeudy.  But for similar sort of reasons.  It just feels like it'd be hard to really "whiff" on Lamb...and the upside is also very much there.

I liked Lamb as well until I started studying them Jeudy is different. His route running is next level he played in the slot yes but that’s predominantly the system that they run. With burners on the outside and they use Jeudy’s skill set of route running to blend beautifully with the offense the kid will be able to play in any offense and get open. The kids route running may be on par with Davante Adams right now no BS. Only thing Lamb does better is catch the ball more consistently and contested but that’s partly because Jeudy’s separation is so crazy he doesn’t have contested balls. Jeudy catches enough for me not to be worried about his hands some greats drop ball TO was well known for dropping them early in his career. But what has our issue been wide outs not getting separation Jeudy may be next level. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

With Ruggs he is going to need to be in an offense that’s going to blend well with what he does I’d trust a coach like Gruden to take him and place him in plays that would hide Ruggs flaws and help him create off his strengths. Ruggs is not a guy that you’re going to just plug in any offense and it’s going to be Cheetah 2.0. Not to mention within the next 2-3 years Hill isn’t going to be what he is today if he doesn’t stop takin the licks he takes.

Thats the Raiders Jon Gruden I do not want Ruggs. We don’t got the coaching.

Edited by DuvalsKing

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As like every year even if I'm not happy with the pick I'll talk myself into them eventually. Then they'll make me sad for the next handful of years.

I've only been legitimately excited about two of the picks Caldwell hs made. I talked myself in liking the idea of selecting certain positions or for certain traits of players, but it's always been more feeling okay about the process of getting there and not the prospect themselves. I have a feeling, especially with how little I've watched of guys this year, that it's going to be the same again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I've only been legitimately excited about two of the picks Caldwell hs made. I talked myself in liking the idea of selecting certain positions or for certain traits of players, but it's always been more feeling okay about the process of getting there and not the prospect themselves. I have a feeling, especially with how little I've watched of guys this year, that it's going to be the same again.

Ramsey and Allen I freaked out for.

Joeckel I was happy about as well I guess.

Fowler I was eh on then read the report about Washington coveting him and ATL wanting to move up and I got excited.

The others were eh for me. Bortles I had slight excitement for since he's a QB and the hope for a franchise QB but I didn't view him highly.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I guess the question is will Dave Caldwell--who likely only has this year to prove he deserves to stay--care about future picks at all, or is he going to go all in on this year?

Just now, pwny said:

I guess the question is will Dave Caldwell--who likely only has this year to prove he deserves to stay--care about future picks at all, or is he going to go all in on this year?

Some are beginning to think he's safe longer than anyone in here want to hear.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ramsey and Allen I freaked out for.

Joeckel I was happy about as well I guess.

Fowler I was eh on then read the report about Washington coveting him and ATL wanting to move up and I got excited.

The others were eh for me. Bortles I had slight excitement for since he's a QB and the hope for a franchise QB but I didn't view him highly.

Ramsey and Allen were the two I very much liked. Spent all last year figuring they were going to go some mediocre player on offense that didn't do anything for me. And then got hyped when they took Allen. Probably the only time I was excited about anything the team did last year.

Conceptually, I understood why they would take Joeckel there and was fine with it for that reason, but I wasn't the biggest fan of him as a player. Same with Fournette.

Fowler, it's well documented how much I hated that pick.

Didn't like Taven Bryan at all, but let the measurables talk me into getting why we did it. Still preferred Lamar though.

I was wishy-washy on Bortles and much preferred Teddy or Mack, but I let myself get happy about it.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1