NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ramsey and Allen I freaked out for.

Joeckel I was happy about as well I guess.

Fowler I was eh on then read the report about Washington coveting him and ATL wanting to move up and I got excited.

The others were eh for me. Bortles I had slight excitement for since he's a QB and the hope for a franchise QB but I didn't view him highly.

Pretty much the same I didn’t want Fowler because I knew he wasn’t going to be used properly plus I thought it was a reach I wanted Cooper.. when Bortles was drafted I wanted Mack because I didn’t see any of the QBs in that draft as being any good. In Joeckle’s draft I wanted Ansah 🤷‍♂️ been eh decent but that draft was horrible for top half prospects.

Edited by DuvalsKing

43 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ramsey and Allen I freaked out for.

Joeckel I was happy about as well I guess.

Fowler I was eh on then read the report about Washington coveting him and ATL wanting to move up and I got excited.

The others were eh for me. Bortles I had slight excitement for since he's a QB and the hope for a franchise QB but I didn't view him highly.

Fowler pissed me off so bad I almost left my CPA study course

@.Buzz Fowler also goes back to why I do no want any parts of Simmons. He is a phenom no doubt but I have reservations about this staff putting him in the right position to succeed. If we had Myles still playing mike I’d be all for it’d be like having a super charged Telvin who isn’t afraid to thump, faster and more physically imposing man child in your front 7 box paired with Allen. You’d probably have the fastest linebacking group in the league Jack and Simmons. He would cover up a lot of things for Jack. But now with Schobert it’s useless I think you take a little bit of air out of the pick when you say Simmons is going to essentially be your box safety.. I can’t rack my head around playing him at strong safety.. I think he essentially gets washed out like that kid Taylor Mays if you play him strictly at safety.

Edited by DuvalsKing

9 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

@.Buzz Fowler also goes back to why I do no want any parts of Simmons. He is a phenom no doubt but I have reservations about this staff putting him in the right position to succeed. If we had Myles still playing mike I’d be all for it’d be like having a super charged Telvin who isn’t afraid to thump, faster and more physically imposing man child in your front 7 box paired with Allen. You’d probably have the fastest linebacking group in the league Jack and Simmons. He would cover up a lot of things for Jack. But now with Schobert it’s useless I think you take a little bit of air out of the pick when you say Simmons is going to essentially be your box safety.. I can’t rack my head around playing him at strong safety.. I think he essentially gets washed out like that kid Taylor Mays if you play him strictly at safety.

Eh, Fowler was an edge that didn't have the bend/proven to be a very good edge rusher....

Simmons has excelled all over. I don't view him as a tweener at all but more so a guy that just played all over because he was that good.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Eh, Fowler was an edge that didn't have the bend/proven to be a very good edge rusher....

Simmons has excelled all over. I don't view him as a tweener at all but more so a guy that just played all over because he was that good.

I never saw Fowler as a true edge I saw him as a 34 outside linebacker who could put his hand in the ground. But it wasn’t a skill set I thought would be beneficial for him because he rarely did it in college. He was a jack of all trades but a master of none. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I never saw Fowler as a true edge I saw him as a 34 outside linebacker who could put his hand in the ground. But it wasn’t a skill set I thought he would be beneficial from because he rarely did it in college. He was a jack of all trades but a master of none. 

See, I think Simmons is/can be a master of something. Only reason he got moved around was because of his good he is and that gave their D an added element.

Stick him at WLB or FS and watch him flourish imo.

Feel like Fowler didn't ever show that ability.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm fine with Tua if it at 9, but otherwise I dont want a QB for the first like 3-4 rounds

Why the hell do you post a long vid of our QB if you're taking a guy to replace him?

I think that Jags/Lions talk is to try and help both teams. Jags get a QB drafted ahead of them to get guys pushed down.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Why the hell do you post a long vid of our QB if you're taking a guy to replace him?

I think that Jags/Lions talk is to try and help both teams. Jags get a QB drafted ahead of them to get guys pushed down.

Why does anyone do anything this time? I get what you're saying and think they shouldn't look that way, but its possible

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I thought Cam didnt project well to guard? Doesnt have the legs for it?

Some don't think he does.

Doesn't mean you don't let him try out there and worst case make him our swing tackle.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Lord knows depth is a problem, just dont love it for a 2nd round pick

But if they don't think he's a long term fixture at LT you don't pass up someone you view as a franchise guy.