Update: Chase Young suspended two games for NCAA violation

naptownskinsfan

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

4 games based on the amount of the loan?? Wasn't it under 2k?? That's ridiculous. 1.6k got Denzil Ware one game just last year.

"Oh hey Consistency! Where you going??"

1K-10K all falls under 4 games. Same with the UK player. That one was reduced. People are just guessing with Young at this point. 

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

1K-10K all falls under 4 games. Same with the UK player. That one was reduced. People are just guessing with Young at this point. 

Oh so it was initially four games for the UK kid that got reduced to one?? If that's the case, I feel much more confident about this situation

• Like 1

Serious question for those who may know the rule book better than me. Why are players involved with this at all? Like is Young taking the money then buying his gfs ticket to the game? Why not just have the third party party for the ticket directly and give to the gf? Keep the player out of it? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question for those who may know the rule book better than me. Why are players involved with this at all? Like is Young taking the money then buying his gfs ticket to the game? Why not just have the third party party for the ticket directly and give to the gf? Keep the player out of it? 

Assuming it was a present from Young.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because then it looks like they were trying to conceal what happened and knew it was against the rules.  By taking a personal loan from a family friend and paying it back, it can be argued that he didn't think it was against the rules since it was a family friend and he paid it off quickly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

NCAA is just nuts. Dudes getting suspended for getting pocket change for travel expenses. Meanwhile Sean Miller is still getting paid millions annually for funneling large sums of money to recruits. 

Only thing Miller is guilty of is being a mediocre coach. 

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Who is Kyle Rowland and why should I believe him? I don't disagree with what you said but facts are important and I have no clue how credible this guy is

He’s a news reporter for the Toledo Blade, covers Ohio State. Basically a no-name reporter. But he is mirroring what everyone else is saying right now. Very small chance he is not back for Penn State week at the very latest.

• Like 1