Update: Chase Young suspended two games for NCAA violation

naptownskinsfan

42 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Rumors are they think Coach Franklin might have been the one who tipped of the NCAA about Chase Young

I believe its already been stated that it was an anonymous  member of Maryland's staff, who tipped them off.  Young is from Cheltenham, and went to high school in Hyattsville, which is in UMD's backyard.  He was believed to be a Maryland lean, earlier in his recruiting process.    

2 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I believe its already been stated that it was an anonymous  member of Maryland's staff, who tipped them off.  Young is from Cheltenham, and went to high school in Hyattsville, which is in UMD's backyard.  He was believed to be a Maryland lean, earlier in his recruiting process.    

Joel Klatt eluded to this with Gus Johnson in the booth Saturday as well. He said things like "this one feels personal for some reason" feigning as if he didn't know what that "some reason" was, etc. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Joel Klatt eluded to this with Gus Johnson in the booth Saturday as well. He said things like "this one feels personal for some reason" feigning as if he didn't know what that "some reason" was, etc. 

He knew, they both knew, hell they all knew, that's why Day went for the onside kick and called the timeout.

As far as Young, thanks NCAA, because now he is going to go on a rampage, book it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He knew, they both knew, hell they all knew, that's why Day went for the onside kick and called the timeout.

100% agree with this. I wouldn't have blamed him for going for 100 points with the backups to be honest.

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

As far as Young, thanks NCAA, because now he is going to go on a rampage, book it.

An angry and fresh Chase Young in the homestretch is fine with me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

O$U proving once again that money talks and he doesn't miss any game of actual consequence. The inability for the NCAA to possess a backbone against some of these universities is pathetic. 

Please stop trolling.  Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jyod21 said:

But the coaching staff now wasn’t the ones involved with recruitment. Why try and ruin the kid? Penn State has the most to gain with Chase Young being out. Locksley Doesn’t seem like he be a snitch specially when on staff With Bama and probably saw plenty of dirty things.

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

O$U proving once again that money talks and he doesn't miss any game of actual consequence. The inability for the NCAA to possess a backbone against some of these universities is pathetic. 

Oh come on, why should Chase Youngen be penalized for something he didn’t even capitalize on? He borrowed money and he paid it back. It’s not like a situation where he was pocketing money Like AJ Green or Todd Gurley got in trouble with