Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders S Karl Joseph undergoing MRI on knee; fear it may be serious

We also may have lost Joyner too late in the game. Man our already bad secondary may get even worse. That'd be 3's we've potentially lost long-term with Abram, Joseph and Joyner.

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Dang. At least the Raiders still have Erik Harris.

He had a great game last night, but he is a big drop off overall from our season starters.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

How do you hurt you knee falling on your back?  Serious question...

Josephs biggest issue coming into the draft was durability concerns. Small size and his physical nature. 

At least Abram is bigger/more durable be is also susceptible to injuries due to his hard hitting style. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Josephs biggest issue coming into the draft was durability concerns. Small size and his physical nature. 

At least Abram is bigger/more durable be is also susceptible to injuries due to his hard hitting style. 

He only missed time from 1 injury in college and it was from a non contact drill.  Anyone concerned with his size fails to check it.  He measurements from the combine where 5'10" 205 lbs.  Abrams was 6' 205 lbs.  Abram right now is not more durable.  He lasted one game in the pros before he missed significant time.  I hope I get the chance next year to watch them play substantial time together.  His injury once again is a non contact injury to a different part of his body.  There are no durability concerns unless 2 injuries in 8 years is a concern.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He only missed time from 1 injury in college and it was from a non contact drill.  Anyone concerned with his size fails to check it.  He measurements from the combine where 5'10" 205 lbs.  Abrams was 6' 205 lbs.  Abram right now is not more durable.  He lasted one game in the pros before he missed significant time.  I hope I get the chance next year to watch them play substantial time together.  His injury once again is a non contact injury to a different part of his body.  There are no durability concerns unless 2 injuries in 8 years is a concern.

There will always always be injury concerns for hard hitting safetys. They usually don’t have very long careers either. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There will always always be injury concerns for hard hitting safetys. They usually don’t have very long careers either. 

This is true but outside of being a hard hitting DB there was no added concern.  Anyone saying otherwise was not paying attention.  His height and ability to cover larger receivers was his biggest concern.  He actually played a role similar to Joyner in college and did it very well.  I was hoping that is what he would do in our defense.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Damn, I bet KJ is done for the year. No word on Joyner though.

Swearinger is just going to get Burficted.  It is now officially a word.