Just How Good Is Josh Jacobs

Mr Raider

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Chubb doesn't lack  top gear. 

Chubb absolutely lacks their top gear and their acceleration to that speed. What runs make you think otherwise?

Id take cmc and barkley  a head of chubb. 

As would the rest of us

Chubb has out played barkley by a mile this year.

And yet you’d still take Barkley. Chubb isn’t on the same level as them. You feel he really separates himself from them as runners? Because they’re both way out of Chubb’s league receiving. 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

I think when things are all said and done, as long as his knee holds up, Chubb will be a top ~15ish running back of all time.

And that's coming from a division rival. Chubb is unbelievable and I don't think we've seen close to his peak yet.

That’s all well and good to think Chubb will get there...he’s just not in 2019 what CMC or Barkley are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

How many people can fit in the top teir though? 

If i would take Wilson over rodgers does that mean rodgersnisnt top teir?

You put them together if they’re close and easily debatable. Big four of QBs 8 years ago (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees) were all in the same conversation on any given year. Sure, someone could be 5th but whoever that QB happened to be wasn’t in their league even if he rounded out the top 5. JJ Watt was in a tier of his own in his prime - no one was close to him. Being the 2nd or 3rd best didn’t put you in his category. Same thing going on here with Chubb, who is an awesome running back. 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Chubb absolutely lacks their top gear and their acceleration to that speed. What runs make you think otherwise?

He doesnt he has hit some massive runs, and has awesome burst and tip speed. He looks quicker than last year.

His speed is similair to cmc

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

As would the rest of us

And yet you’d still take Barkley. Chubb isn’t on the same level as them. You feel he really separates himself from them as runners? Because they’re both way out of Chubb’s league receiving. 

I think he is a better runner than barkley and equal to cmc. 

They are both better recievers than chubb. Chubb has grsat hands btw.

40 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You put them together if they’re close and easily debatable. Big four of QBs 8 years ago (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees) were all in the same conversation on any given year. Sure, someone could be 5th but whoever that QB happened to be wasn’t in their league even if he rounded out the top 5. JJ Watt was in a tier of his own in his prime - no one was close to him. Being the 2nd or 3rd best didn’t put you in his category. Same thing going on here with Chubb, who is an awesome running back. 

It seems to be you put Cook/Zeke/Kamara in tier 1, but not Chubb. Then moved on to only debating Chubb vs CMC and Barkley. Doesn't make any sense.

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He doesnt he has hit some massive runs, and has awesome burst and tip speed. He looks quicker than last year.

His speed is similair to cmc

Which plays do you feel exhibit this?

I think he is a better runner than barkley

15 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

It seems to be you put Cook/Zeke/Kamara in tier 1, but not Chubb. Then moved on to only debating Chubb vs CMC and Barkley. Doesn't make any sense.

I think what Zeke and Kamara have shown in their past + talent put them in the top. I think what Cook is showing, healthy, puts him in the top. Chubb has a close ish argument to them, but no argument for CMC/Barkley. 

What is your opinion?

Edited by Yin-Yang

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think what Zeke and Kamara have shown in their past + talent put them in the top. I think what Cook is showing, healthy, puts him in the top. Chubb has a close ish argument to them, but no argument for CMC/Barkley. 

What is your opinion?

Chubb is probably about the 4th-6th best RB in the league. i'm fine drawing a tier after CMC Barkley Elliott or maybe adding Kamara to that tier 1. If you want to add Cook, I would say there is no way to exclude Chubb.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Taking a look at the Thursday game play by play, it isn't impressive. I watched his TD run at the end and he just hit the open hole and 3 Chargers tripped over each other. Take away the 18yd TD run and he's got 15 for 53yds at 3.5ypc. He's good but I think he's being overrated right now. And yes, this is just looking at box score stats and the occasional highlight.

I just watched every carry vs the Lions and it was ok. He made a couple nice lateral cuts and appeared to gain about a year or two after contact. But I haven't seen anything to consider him elite. His OL and FB did a lot of the work for him and he did a nice job finding holes, which I know everyone doesn't do.

LOL. That was his most vanilla performance in a game where the OL severely underperformed. 

He does what zeke and bell do. He squeezes every yard out of a play. And even when its not there, he creates a little extra. 

It's a really underrated quality. It's not about highlight reels. It's about consistently delivering above expected value on every given play.

Ignore the grade. He's leading the league in missed tackles.

"Made a couple of nice lateral cuts"

Just watch him play more and you'll see the consistency and wow plays that make him a better player than ingram, johnson, gordon, etc.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You actually believe Barkley, CMC, and Chubb are all equals? Chubb and Cook are probably close and Chubb has an argument over Kamara if only because of the usage. 

But there’s really no argument for him over either CMC or Barkley. Lacks their top gear, isn’t even in the same stratosphere as a receiver, is more careless with the ball, doesn’t bring their quickness to the table. 

I don't think this is accurate. Chubb has freakish speed for his size, and is certainly on par with McCaffrey, and likely Barkley as well in the speed department.

Chubb has also shown he has legit speed on the track running at 10.69 in the 100m, which it his size is pretty dang good. 

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=4442308

These picture's always cracks me up:

Just for reference, McCaffrey's fastest 100m time is 10.75

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=3428506

Now as for Chubb being on the same level overall as guys like Barkley, McCaffrey, and Kamara. I don't think Chubb is quite on that level, but is undoubtedly an absolute freakish athlete in the size/speed department.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

His 5 runs of over 40 yards, his 88 yarder vs the ravens, his 92 yarder vs the falcons. 

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

What is your opinion?

I dont think there is an argurment for barjley other than potential, he hasnt been good this year. 

Cmc he is an equal runner too.

He is more physically gidred than cmc, similair speed and better stength. Chubb has great vision, i think cmc is better than chubb at this.

2 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Chubb is probably about the 4th-6th best RB in the league. i'm fine drawing a tier after CMC Barkley Elliott or maybe adding Kamara to that tier 1. If you want to add Cook, I would say there is no way to exclude Chubb.

I think that’s more fair if you’re going to dock Cook for breaking out only this season. The reason I brought up specifically CMC and Saquon specifically is because I feel they are both the best RBs in the league and I don’t have Chubb in that conversation. I see what you’re saying about having Cook in with Chubb, though.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I don't think this is accurate. Chubb has freakish speed for his size, and is certainly on par with McCaffrey, and likely Barkley as well in the speed department.

Chubb has also shown he has legit speed on the track running at 10.69 in the 100m, which it his size is pretty dang good. 

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=4442308

These picture's always cracks me up:

Just for reference, McCaffrey's fastest 100m time is 10.75

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=3428506

The MPH stuff is so misleading. Devin McCourty hit 22.05 MPH last season and also clearly couldn’t keep up with Tyreek Hill, who apparently has a lower top speed than D-Mac. I guess the way they track it only goes for top speed even if that speed is only achieved for a tenth of a second (in comparison to a guy like Hill who probably maintains his top speed longer) but still. It’s never really correlated to what happens on the field. 

It even has Tyreek Hill and Nick Chubb/CMC having the same speed. That’s crazy.

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think that’s more fair if you’re going to dock Cook for breaking out only this season. The reason I brought up specifically CMC and Saquon specifically is because I feel they are both the best RBs in the league and I don’t have Chubb in that conversation. I see what you’re saying about having Cook in with Chubb, though.

The MPH stuff is so misleading. Devin McCourty hit 22.05 MPH last season and also clearly couldn’t keep up with Tyreek Hill, who apparently has a lower top speed than D-Mac. I guess the way they track it only goes for top speed even if that speed is only achieved for a tenth of a second (in comparison to a guy like Hill who probably maintains his top speed longer) but still. It’s never really correlated to what happens on the field. 

It even has Tyreek Hill and Nick Chubb/CMC having the same speed. That’s crazy.

No Tyreek Hill is clearly faster than Mccourty. Hill has the track times to back it, and has hit as fast as 22.77 mph on next gen stats a couple years back and hit 22.64 when he chased down Damien Williams on that long TD run a couple weeks ago. Regardless Chubb has the same level top end speed that McCaffrey does and likely Barkley as well.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

No Tyreek Hill is clearly faster than Mccourty. Hill has the track times to back it, and has hit as fast as 22.77 mph on next gen stats a couple years back and hit 22.64 when he chased down Damien Williams on that long TD run a couple weeks ago. Regardless Chubb has the same level top end speed that McCaffrey does and likely Barkley as well.

I know he’s clearly faster than McCourty. But McCourty has clocked a time right there with Hill’s, according to the NFL’s tracking of top speed in MPH. What they track and what is obvious on the field, tend to be different things. Hell, they have Jordan Howard right there with Dalvin Cook. 

I’m not saying their tracking is wrong, but I think it’s misleading.