Just How Good Is Josh Jacobs

Mr Raider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So why isn’t Jacobs getting Barkley love? Cause he’s not on National Television every three weeks like the Giants? PFF even has him graded higher than Barkley was last season. 

Because one plays in New York and one in Oakland, also Barkley was the GOAT RB prospect whereas some had Jacobs as low as a 2nd-3rd rounder.

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Because he's not as good/talented?

What does talent have to do with anything? We are purely comparing rookie season where Jacobs first 10 definitely looks better than Barkleys first 10 of last year. 

Barkley got more love because of his prospect status and plays in the biggest national market. A lot of casual NFL fans have seen Jacobs play in two games this season, one being LAC which was easily his worst game. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What does talent have to do with anything?

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Barkley got more love because of his prospect status

You answered your own question. He's a generational-type talent. Jacobs isn't. That's why he's not getting the same love. He's a lesser player.

I do believe markets matter, but I'm not convinced that if the situations were reversed the media would be all over Jacobs in New York an Saquon would take a backseat in Oakland. Saquon is just better. It makes sense he gets more attention.

Edited by SmittyBacall

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

You answered your own question. He's a generational-type talent. Jacobs isn't. That's why he's not getting the same love. He's a lesser player.

I do believe markets matter, but I'm not convinced that if the situations were reversed the media would be all over Jacobs in New York an Saquon would take a backseat in Oakland. Saquon is just better. It makes sense he gets more attention.

I have no doubts Jacobs would be posted all over media everywhere in New York. Dudes having one of the best rookie RB seasons ever. It’s one of those things that will be appreciated later. Mostly because unless your team has played the Raiders, the only game most people have seen is the Chargers/Raiders (Bronco Week 1 game started to late for most east coasters). 

No he’s not better than Barkley but he’s an extremely talented RB that should of went Top 10. Daniel Jerimiah said he should of gone Top 5 and Mayock loved Jacobs and probably would of had him Top 5 in rankings (he was literally praying Jacobs would run a so-so 40 so he wouldn’t have to use pick 4 on him) His ability to get yards after contact is the best in the league and his vision is right there with Elliott as best in the league. His vision is nuts. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have no doubts Jacobs would be posted all over media everywhere in New York. Dudes having one of the best rookie RB seasons ever. It’s one of those things that will be appreciated later. Mostly because unless your team has played the Raiders, the only game most people have seen is the Chargers/Raiders (Bronco Week 1 game started to late for most east coasters). 

No he’s not better than Barkley but he’s an extremely talented RB that should of went Top 10. Daniel Jerimiah said he should of gone Top 5 and Mayock loved Jacobs and probably would of had him Top 5 in rankings (he was literally praying Jacobs would run a so-so 40 so he wouldn’t have to use pick 4 on him) His ability to get yards after contact is the best in the league and his vision is right there with Elliott as best in the league. His vision is nuts. 

Jacobs is getting plenty of hype. Yesterday NFL Today pregame did a segment on the "Top 5 RBs of 2019" list and Jacobs was on it. I'm not sure how much more you want.

He's on that Chubb, Cook, Aaron Jones, Mixon tier at the moment (yes, Mixon). He's not at McCaffery's or Barkley's level and doesn't deserve their hype.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Jacobs is getting plenty of hype. Yesterday NFL Today pregame did a segment on the "Top 5 RBs of 2019" list and Jacobs was on it. I'm not sure how much more you want.

He's on that Chubb, Cook, Aaron Jones, Mixon tier at the moment (yes, Mixon). He's not at McCaffery's or Barkley's level and doesn't deserve their hype.

Chubb and Cook yes. I have them as the 5th, 6th, and 7th best respectively and in the same tier. 

On 11/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, BayRaider said:

What does talent have to do with anything? We are purely comparing rookie season where Jacobs first 10 definitely looks better than Barkleys first 10 of last year. 

Barkley got more love because of his prospect status and plays in the biggest national market. A lot of casual NFL fans have seen Jacobs play in two games this season, one being LAC which was easily his worst game. 

He got more love because his rookie season was much better. You can't ignore receiving production. That's a huge part of the game for top RBs. Barkley topped 2000 scrimmage yards and 15 TDs while Jacobs is on pace for 1700 and 11.

Barkley was (arguably, I guess) the best player at his position his rookie year. Jacobs isn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

He got more love because his rookie season was much better. You can't ignore receiving production. That's a huge part of the game for top RBs. Barkley topped 2000 scrimmage yards and 15 TDs while Jacobs is on pace for 1700 and 11.

Barkley was (arguably, I guess) the best player at his position his rookie year. Jacobs isn't.

And let’s be real here, what Barkley had to run behind was infinitely worse than what Jacobs has. Barkley had one of the worst run blocking lines in the league. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

And let’s be real here, what Barkley had to run behind was infinitely worse than what Jacobs has. Barkley had one of the worst run blocking lines in the league. 

Jacobs has been pretty damn good through. He's on pace for a zeke like season and has been pretty awesome at breaking tackles/after contact.