Beyond Win-Loss Record over the next 8 games, What Things Do You Need to See to Justify Keeping Freddie?

Mind Character

On 11/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, Rod Johnson said:

If the Steelers are one of the worst teams in the league then we are one of the worst teams in the league.  Their defense is so much better than ours.  Way better coaching.  Significantly better record at this point.

Pittsburgh 0_2 verses Mayfield's and lamar.

Wilks ,2_0  verses Lamar and rudolph.

Watt,Dupree,and Bush 1 sack  verses

A. Very weak browns line.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

That take was 3 weeks ago it's stale

Ok rod the Steelers except when they play Cincinnati or Miami or averaging between

2and3sacks a game.

there wr as a group don’t appear until about 50th in wr rankings

looks like Williams and Ward should shut this group pretty good

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok rod the Steelers except when they play Cincinnati or Miami or averaging between

2and3sacks a game.

there wr as a group don’t appear until about 50th in wr rankings

looks like Williams and Ward should shut this group pretty good

I'm confused.  I meant my post was 3 weeks ago.  I can easily see the Steelers completely falling apart down the stretch.  It would be nice to stomp them tomorrow at their place to set that in motion.  I think we have the talent on offense to do it.

I can also see our offense going nuclear (in a bad way) a la the Patriots game and handing them the game.  Hopefully they've been practicing with some wet balls *pause* this week.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm confused.  I meant my post was 3 weeks ago.  I can easily see the Steelers completely falling apart down the stretch.  It would be nice to stomp them tomorrow at their place to set that in motion.  I think we have the talent on offense to do it.

I can also see our offense going nuclear (in a bad way) a la the Patriots game and handing them the game.  Hopefully they've been practicing with some wet balls *pause* this week.

10 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok rod

This

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

You think he's coming back? I think he's a dead man walking.

I think he’s coming back. I don’t think that John Dorsey would have full control of the next hire after a one and done if they fire Freddie. I think JD has a vested interest in his hire working out, and I still think he gets another season. I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You think he's coming back? I think he's a dead man walking.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think he’s coming back. I don’t think that John Dorsey would have full control of the next hire after a one and done if they fire Freddie. I think JD has a vested interest in his hire working out, and I still think he gets another season. I could be wrong.

Pretty much this.

Dorsey had full control of the hire and this was his guy.  Fire him after a year and he’s not picking the next guy imo.

I do think it’s likely Monken is either gone or has full control of the offense next season depending on how Dorsey sees things.  If he’s gone, I expect someone else to be hired and given full control of the offense.