Beyond Win-Loss Record over the next 8 games, What Things Do You Need to See to Justify Keeping Freddie?

Mind Character

A win isn't a win and a loss isn't a loss when it comes to assessing the quality of the coaching and play.

The win against the Jets wasn't of the same variety as the win against the Ravens.

The lost to the Ravens last year in our final game wasn't the same as the Broncos loss this year against Brandon Allen; the loss against the Titans wasn't of the same variety as the loss against the Seahawks. To me, wins and loss record matters but the record only will not be sufficient to tell me if we should keep Freddie or not or whether we should make changes elsewhere on the team player or coach-wise. What matters more is the quality of performance and how we look in the games.

The following 8 games left:

Buffalo (One of the worst QBs in the league), Bengals (Worst team in the league)x2, Steelersx2 (One of the worst teams in the league), Dolphins (One of the worst teams in the league), Cardinals (rookie QB; talent deficient), Ravens

Some Combination of Things I have to see out of a Freddie led Offense/Team or "He gone":

1.) No more attempts at 4-D Chess when the simple call is better like on the  critical 3rd and 3 in the redzone running Dontrell Hilliard up the middle with Nick Chubb on the sideline in a "they know we're going to run Chubb so I'm going to surprise them and wont." Then, on 4th and 1 running a QB sneak with a QB that is never going to be good at QB sneaks with the "They'll think I'll pass to Hilliard so I'll run a QB sneak with a favorable box" logic.

2.) Get the Plays in Sooner and Play-calling with pace variation (no huddle and quick clock plays): Baker gets the play-calls so late and has little time often to diagnose and read the defense and/or make the necessary at the line adjustments and calls. Freddie is the opposite of Sean McVay and Andy Reid types that believe you have to get the QB especially young QBs to the line with the play as fast as possible so they can read out and manipulate the defense.

3.)  Quick Rhythm Play design that makes sense with Baker's best skill-set: Designing quick rhythm and easy completions. Moving OBJ, Callaway, and others in motion to give Baker the chance to see the defense declare it's intentions and give him pre-snap answers to the post-snap test. The entirety of the Eagles, Chiefs, and Patriots offenses are about designing Easy completions to give the offense some momentum building and rhythm. It's crazy that we don't give Baker easy completions to get his rhythm going and flowing. Flow can be established even with deep shots as it let's the QB let it go and energizes the offense and threatens the defense.Flow is real. Natural ability and talent take over when the flow is going.

4.)  Key Situational, Timeouts, and Challenge decisions being handled better by Freddie.

5.) More Play Action & Threaten the Defense with Deep Shots Occasionally so they at least have something to worry about: Basic explosive offensive football requires the illusion or threat of danger in order to keep the defense on its heels. Baker is exceptional at play-action as it opens up passing lanes by creating defensive hesitation and taking attention away from mid-route change of direction routes. We need to get away from the empty backfield shotgun play designs.

6.) Primary read play-calling that gives our best offensive players (OBJ, Nick Chubb, etc) an opportunity to decide whether we win or lose. 

7.) Dominating wins and performances against the Bengals and Dolphins.

8.) I need to see better discipline and reduction in penalties with the HC wishes translating into players' actions.

9.) Go 2 out of 3 against Steelers/Buffalo; Beat the Steelers twice or beat Buffalo and split with the Steelers: With Kareem Hunt back, there's no reason why we can't outscore a Mason Rudolph and Josh Allen led offenses. Watching them play multiple times this year, they are 2 of the handful of worst QBs in the league. Every Rudolph throw is 5 yards or less; he's a statue that freezes up under pressure, and is inaccurate over the middle. Injuries have also decimated their offensive skill positions. A good and at times really good but not great defense carries them. Buffalo has less talent on both sides of the ball and a barely better QB b/c of his ability to run. They are better coached; however, they haven't played anyone this year. We should really win them all but quality performances with 2 out 3 wins is a need.

10.) Beat the Cardinals with quality performance.

11.) With Kareem Hunt back, give Baker easy read delayed RB out the backfield RB route completions a la Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara in order to get favorable 2nd down distance.

Edited by Mind Character

If they play like they did last year. It’s not really that wins. Close losses are fine if we play well 

I just want them to look like the 49ers or Saints hell I’d take the Raiders. But play like you give a damn and want I play for your coach and the players on the team 

we look terrible 

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Half the forum would still want him fired for being an elitist.

Here’s the thing:

Jesus was a freaking rail, man. It’s a lot easier to walk on water when you weigh 87 pounds. Kitchens is about 280+. Not gonna happen. 

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 4

I just want him to realize when he should run and when he should pass.

We are an incredible running team, yet when chubb has a good day, we stop using him.

We go for it 7 times from the 1 yard line and fail every time, we should probably realize its not going to happen and kick it.

We should learn to get to the line faster so everything is not a rush and get waisted timeouts. 

we should use what works early in games and continue it.

we should run a 2 minute offense every now and then...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I would need to see him give up offensive play calling for starters which I already think is too much of an ask for him.

Was the play calling that bad yesterday?

I feel like he did everything people wanted (throw to OBJ and run Chubb in the red zone) and when it doesn’t work he’s killed for the results.

The plays seemed fine yesterday tbh.  Execution could use some work though...