Commish Question

101Raider

So I've been commissioner of this league for several years.  This year we let in a fantasy football virgin into the league (family).  This manager  proceeded to  drop to waivers Ajayi for Robby Anderson.

Up to now I have been a hands off commish, even for really lopsided trades.  Am I out of lines to reverse the waiver drop, giving back the manager Ajayi and returning Anderson to waivers?  I plan on charging the player their waiver spot too.

Wow.  I've always used Yahoo and their Can't Cut list, which prevents dumb moves like this.  I try not to overstep my bounds, but when bonehead moves like this alter the competitive balance of the league, I think it's the commish's job to protect the fairness of the competition.  I think your suggested move makes sense and would hopefully help him understand how & how not to make moves in fantasy football.

If it was an honest mistake by a rookie, I'd probably let him keep his waiver priority, though.

7 hours ago, 101Raider said:

So I've been commissioner of this league for several years.  This year we let in a fantasy football virgin into the league (family).  This manager  proceeded to  drop to waivers Ajayi for Robby Anderson.

Up to now I have been a hands off commish, even for really lopsided trades.  Am I out of lines to reverse the waiver drop, giving back the manager Ajayi and returning Anderson to waivers?  I plan on charging the player their waiver spot too.

This is a tricky one. On one hand you don't want some other team claiming a top 10 back because of someone's stupidity. On the other you want to keep the integrity of the league. I would reverse it and tell this dude that this is his one and only mulligan. After that, whatever happens, happens. You can't babysit morons, that's not the job of the commish.

• 1 month later...

Archived