Prioritize Positions We Need to Address this Off-Season

Mind Character

Weird to say, but after watching this team live I really feel as if we pull the right vets in FA the draft can be whoever. Defense needs a leader/brain to go with all the young talent. OL needs an anchor for the beefies to depend on. We come away with those two and it's almost impossible for Freddie to screw up. 

OT times two and a Safety from a sheer "NEED" standpoint.

Throw in what I'd like to see/what could take this team to the "next level" from a matchup standpoint, and it's a tall bodied WR on the outside (Red Zone matchups) and 1-2 Tight Ends that are solid in line blockers and can be seam threats.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

OT times two and a Safety from a sheer "NEED" standpoint.

Throw in what I'd like to see/what could take this team to the "next level" from a matchup standpoint, and it's a tall bodied WR on the outside (Red Zone matchups) and 1-2 Tight Ends that are solid in line blockers and can be seam threats.

Why do we need a tall body WR? Do you think they will actually run a fade in the redzone? That’s just wishful thinking. OBJ is one of the best WRs at high pointing a ball and out jumping a DB but they don’t just throw it up to him. 

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Right tackle

Pass rushers

Tight end

Safety

Left tackle if we move on from greg

I would switch RT and LT. Rather improve the LT and never have to worry about the blindside. With the RT you can always get away with chips and TE help and at least the RT, Baker can see the pressure, where LT, he rarely sees it.

i believe max Williams is a FA at the end of the year. I would love to bring him in for TE. He would be the only TE I would want to sign. The FA pool for TE doesn’t look that promising this offseason 

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why do we need a tall body WR?

Have you watched a single snap in the Red Zone this entire year?

Do you think they will actually run a fade in the redzone?

Fade, Post, Smash, Post Corner...any of those routes really.

That’s just wishful thinking. OBJ is one of the best WRs at high pointing a ball and out jumping a DB but they don’t just throw it up to him. 

I really hope that you didn't watch the game yesterday or someone would call it embarrassing.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Have you watched a single snap in the Red Zone this entire year?

Fade, Post, Smash, Post Corner...any of those routes really.

I really hope that you didn't watch the game yesterday or someone would call it embarrassing.

Dude I was more so being sarcastic that this team doesn’t run fade routes in the end zone. They rarely line OBJ and have him run a fade to the back pylon or prepare for the back shoulder pass. They were running dumb corner type routes where you are just inviting him to be held and having no chance. The stuff they were running yesterday with OBJ, doesn’t matter if it was Calvin Johnson, the WR doesn’t have a chance to make a play on the ball cause of the defender 

they get way to fancy in the redzone. They get cute on the run plays and the pass plays