Is Bobby Wagner on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

On 11/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, Forge said:

Problem for him is that he's not the only one with those type of accolades. Zach Thomas was a five time all pro and can't get in. He's going to need more time, and another all pro team or two I think

Team success factors in a ton, and Wagner’s been in 2 SBs, along with those accolades

Just now, Geezy said:

Team success factors in a ton, and Wagner’s been in 2 SBs, along with those accolades

Maybe. That's an individual voter thing, so I can't comment on it. Lot of variance there. May matter for a voter with regards to a quarterback for example (Eli), but they may not care for an off the ball linebacker. Or they might. Or they may not for anyone. Personally, don't feel that he has any more right to enshrinement if he ends up with a similar resume to Zach Thomas just because he played on better teams. 

Just now, Forge said:

Maybe. That's an individual voter thing, so I can't comment on it. Lot of variance there. May matter for a voter with regards to a quarterback for example (Eli), but they may not care for an off the ball linebacker. Or they might. Or they may not for anyone. Personally, don't feel that he has any more right to enshrinement if he ends up with a similar resume to Zach Thomas just because he played on better teams. 

I think ZT should be in as well, if you’re the best at your position(All Pro) for half a decade you should be a shoe in...I just think team success is often a deciding factor(Lynn Swann over Cliff Branch for example) and could put Wagner over the top of a guy like Thomas, all else being equal.