Mike Davis, he gone!

beardown3231

I wasn't at all a fan of the Davis signing because I didn't think he was all that great of a back, let alone worth what planned on paying him. THAT BEING SAID, he also wasn't anywhere near as terrible as he looked for us because of just how comically inept our offensive line play and offensive scheming has been this year.  One could argue he's probably the lucky one here, as he can be a decent piece for a team with even semi capable blocking.

Nall AND Whyte should both be brought up (one of them can have Sowell's spot full time) and let's actually start evaluating our damn players for the offseason so we don't make the same mistake that we made this past year getting complacent.  Throw all the potentials into the deep end and see who can actually swim. Nall and Whyte can fight over Davis' job..... and Whyte can also offer Cohen/Patterson some competition so that the team can make future determinations on them going forward.

12 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Pace has doubled up before. I assume he goes after bargain FA as insurance in case the draft doesn’t allow him to get the player he wants.

People forget that free agency is before the draft so the team didn't know they would have a chance at Montgomery before signing Davis in the offseason. It was an insurance signing that cost the team very little and now they should get a comp pick back. Solid move.