Week 10 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (1-7) vs. New Orleans Saints (7-1) - Return of the Jedi

Canadian Saint

This makes the third time this year the oline has completely and utterly crapped the bed.  I’m tired of people calling this the best oline in the league.  They carry the brunt of the blame for both this loss and the Rams loss.

Now I’m not saying they were the only ones playing badly, but this is supposed to be a top unit and they simply ain’t, no way around it.

The defense also decided not to show up.  Bonehead penalties everywhere.  You can maybe can blame the offense for some of the defensive troubles, but the defense only has themselves to blame for giving up 17 play drives  and committing dumb penalties.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

This makes the third time this year the oline has completely and utterly crapped the bed.  I’m tired of people calling this the best oline in the league.  They carry the brunt of the blame for both this loss and the Rams loss.

Now I’m not saying they were the only ones playing badly, but this is supposed to be a top unit and they simply ain’t, no way around it.

The defense also decided not to show up.  Bonehead penalties everywhere.  You can maybe can blame the offense for some of the defensive troubles, but the defense only has themselves to blame for giving up 17 play drives  and committing dumb penalties.  

Our guards are weak. 

To start with my issues with the offense. We abandoned the run way too much throughout the entire game. 11 rushes the entire game. That is inexcusable. It would be one thing if we were down several scores early on, but this was a 1 score game for much of it, Payton/Brees need to stop forcing the passing game. Kamara averaged 6 yards per rush, and about 8 yards per catch, he wasn't utilized nearly enough. Given the amount of pressure Brees was facing, why not simply use the check down, which was open much of the game on several of the sacks.

As for the defense, no discipline today. The hands to the face penalties were brutal and killed us as we had the Falcons in 4th down situations several times only to give up a silly penalty that likely wouldn't have had much impact on the play, but cost us possession time/points.

Here's to hoping this was just a 1 week anomaly and get back on track next week.

38 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I give you credit if you can make it through that all 22. I barely made it through watching this turd of a game one time, I can't imagine watching it again. 

I was being sarcastic.

But I'll probably still watch the offensive snaps.

• Like 1

This team came out flat and missing the fire that they played with in the previous 6 weeks.  Defense looked sluggish, offensive line was getting beat constantly, just overall a bad performance.  Hopefully this kicks them into high gear to finish out the season strong as if they win out they should still get a bye.

Looks like the Saints gameplanned for a completely different Falcons team. Then Lattimore and Peat got hurt...so the adjustments were just too much to overcome. You have to give it to the Falcons. They played their best game of the season by a country mile. They were prepared and the Saints weren't. They made the most of their opportunities and the Saints didn't. I'm sure that teams will adjust to them once again and they'll go back to their losing ways. I'm also pretty confident that the Saints will figure it out.