GOTW | Week 11 | #2 LSU @ #3 Alabama

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this matchup?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• #2 LSU
    • #3 Alabama

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

BTW, from purely a NFL Draft perspective, Alabama's WR talent is insane. Jeudy is obviously supremely talented (needs to cut down on the drops), but Smith and Ruggs are both legit players on Sundays. And Najee Harris is also a major talent.

I've been super impressed with Smith this year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I've been super impressed with Smith this year. 

Watching the receivers in this game as a Redskins fan really has me placing Chase Young and Andrew Thomas ahead of Jeudy right now just because of who else is available.  The only problem is that we're without a second round pick for moving up last year.  

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's very simple. I want the best four teams. I'm as far from a Bama fan as you can get. But I don't want the CFP ruined by people fighting for participation trophies.

Who has the resume? But no, I would want the best four teams in the playoffs. 

And didn't OSU get in and then win it all?

Auburn is currently ranked 11th. UGA beating them won't drop them out of the top 25.

The college football playoffs are a test of not just the teams, but the administrations. There is a strategy to putting together a schedule to maximize your chances. Alabama's refusal to play an OOC game against a team with a pulse should be punishable when they drop games against the few good teams they play against.

Auburn losing to both Georgia and Alabama would drop them to 4 losses. Are we going to act like a team should be in the playoffs when their best win is a team with 4 losses???

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's very simple. I want the best four teams. I'm as far from a Bama fan as you can get. But I don't want the CFP ruined by people fighting for participation trophies.

Who has the resume? But no, I would want the best four teams in the playoffs. 

And didn't OSU get in and then win it all?

Auburn is currently ranked 11th. UGA beating them won't drop them out of the top 25.

Question, during the 2015-2016 season. Did you think Oklahoma deserved to get into the playoffs over OSU?

This is what’s going to happen to Alabama.

Clemson is clearly a top four team yet the committees justification for 5 was they didn’t have the resume as the others. Now the committee will say the eye test is more important to get Bama in lol

Edited by PAW
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

This isn't the year to be handing out consolation rewards to Alabama for losing @jrry32. Theres a handful of undefeated teams out there playing thier *** off. Don't worry about the "quality" of the teams. We already have it this year

If four P5 teams are undefeated at the time of selection, Alabama should be out. That's obvious.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The college football playoffs are a test of not just the teams, but the administrations. There is a strategy to putting together a schedule to maximize your chances. Alabama's refusal to play an OOC game against a team with a pulse should be punishable when they drop games against the few good teams they play against.

Auburn losing to both Georgia and Alabama would drop them to 4 losses. Are we going to act like a team should be in the playoffs when their best win is a team with 4 losses???

I'm going to act like the CFP should be the four best teams. That's my goal, not to appease people who have ulterior motives.

6 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Alabama opponents this year have the worst winning percentage of all schedules in the power 5 conferences.

Thats a ridiculous way to look at it. When you could take the SEC teams theyve beat and theyd all be bowl eligible already in the mega weak ACC or B1G.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAW said:

Clemson is clearly a top four team yet the committees justification for 5 was they didn’t have the resume as the others. Now the committee will say the eye test is more important to get Bama in lol

Clemson was never going to be out of the CFP, dude. Two of the teams in front of them necessarily had to lose.