GOTW | Week 11 | #2 LSU @ #3 Alabama

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this matchup?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• #2 LSU
    • #3 Alabama

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If four P5 teams are undefeated at the time of selection, Alabama should be out. That's obvious.

I'm going to act like the CFP should be the four best teams. That's my goal, not to appease people who have ulterior motives.

It should be the 4 best teams as determined by their resumes. Not the 4 best teams as determined by the eye test.

A team who's best win has 4 losses and isn't undefeated, doesn't belong in the playoffs. Period.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Clemson was never going to be out of the CFP, dude. Two of the teams in front of them necessarily had to lose.

I get that but that isn’t a valid reason for putting teams ahead of them who aren’t better. The eye test either matters or it doesn’t. The rankings should be accurate each week. No one in their right mind would have Penn State as a better team than Clemson yet the committee put them there and then used resume to validate it. If Bama makes it they will then say eye test matters more than resume. Have some consistency. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

It should be the 4 best teams as determined by their resumes. Not the 4 best teams as determined by the eye test.

A team who's best win has 4 losses and isn't undefeated, doesn't belong in the playoffs. Period.

Who are you claiming has the resume?

Just now, PAW said:

I get that but that isn’t a valid reason for putting teams ahead of them who aren’t better. The eye test either matters or it doesn’t. The rankings should be accurate each week. No one in their right mind would have Penn State as a better team than Clemson yet the committee put them there and then used resume to validate it. If Bama makes it they will then say eye test matters more than resume. Have some consistency. 

I'd say Penn State is the only team that Clemson looked better than this year by the eye test. And I would have had Clemson as #4, so . . .

8 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm so happy for Coach O, man

We were ridiculed for hiring him and he was considered trash by so many

Coach O is our guy.

He installed the culture and has let his coaches do their thing.  Need to modernize the offense?  They worked it out and developed a system that works.  Far too many coaches are too caught up in their own system.  It's nice to see what he's let his coaches do.  

9 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm so happy for Coach O, man

We were ridiculed for hiring him and he was considered trash by so many

Coach O is our guy.

Coach O is trash. He's a figurehead. If Aranda and Brady bail, LSU is going to have to pay a lot of money to keep O afloat.

Coach O is trash. He's a figurehead. If Aranda and Brady bail, LSU is going to have to pay a lot of money to keep O afloat.

isn't like, the entire point of being a CEO-type head coach identifying and hiring good coordinators and letting them work?

• Like 1

I'd say Penn State is the only team that Clemson looked better than this year by the eye test. And I would have had Clemson as #4, so . . .

Clemson held Texas A&M to 3 points. They scored with like 5 seconds left against the backups. Had a much easier time moving the ball on Bama. And we know this Clemson offense would have its way with Bama. Clemson’s defense is significantly better than LSU or Alabama. Based on the eye test, the two best teams are Ohio State and Clemson. The only two schools with an elite offense and defense.