GOTW | Week 11 | #2 LSU @ #3 Alabama

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this matchup?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• #2 LSU
    • #3 Alabama

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

So I wasn't crazy to think neither defense looked that impressive and that both OLs looked meh at best missing obvious assignments?

Pretty much. Saban doesnt lose much but when he does it's to heisman QBs gunning for nationals. edit: and special RBs.

That being said this bama team this year might be the weakest in years.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

I wouldnt say LSU defense was bad. It had a bad 2nd half. The defense held Bama offense to 7pts in the 1st half. The other td Bama had in the 1st half was on a punt return. So LSU defense was great in the 1st half and bad in the 2nd half. Overall though it did what it had to do and thats slow Bama down enough to jump to a big lead and make Bama play catch up the entire game. Like LSU defense understands with that offense it has, all they need to do is make one or two stops and its game match set. Bama fumbled on their opening possession and Tua threw an interception on its last possession of the 1st half, LSU made them pay both times for tds. That was basically game match set. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I wouldnt say LSU defense was bad. It had a bad 2nd half. The defense held Bama offense to 7pts in the 1st half. The other td Bama had in the 1st half was on a punt return. So LSU defense was great in the 1st half and bad in the 2nd half. Overall though it did what it had to do and thats slow Bama down enough to jump to a big lead and make Bama play catch up the entire game. Like LSU defense understands with that offense it has, all they need to do is make one or two stops and its game match set. Bama fumbled on their opening possession and Tua threw an interception on its last possession of the 1st half, LSU made them pay both times for tds. That was basically game match set. 

Fair points but even the commentators at the end were vying for Bama's post-season spot by talking about thier offensive performance.

Why? Might be the public perception of "SEC defenses" in regards to LSU, but i promise you Bama won't be able to move the ball like that against even Utah.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The committee's opinion on Tua's injury and how that affected him early in the game is going to be a crucial discussion point for the committee.  It's not a hard argument to make that, once Tu'a got some reps and took a hit or two, that Alabama's offense took off.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

The committee's opinion on Tua's injury and how that affected him early in the game is going to be a crucial discussion point for the committee.  It's not a hard argument to make that, once Tu'a got some reps and took a hit or two, that Alabama's offense took off.  

Alabama would have been better off not playing him. Would’ve got a mulligan. Now I think the committee is in a very tough spot with Alabama.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PAW said:

? If your argument is the eye test then how they look like vs the same competition should matter. Clemson’s offense is on par with LSU and Alabama, but the D is much better. 

Duuuuude. xD

39 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I mean, that's literally what Dabo is. Coach O is a great coach because he's the head coach. He instilled this team's culture, he was willing to bring this offense to the modern age and hire the right guy, he's one of the nation's best recruiters. It's like saying Dabo is a trash coach because he has Venables, not the point. He leads the program and knows to hand over playcalling duties to his great coordinators. 

I don't like Dabo or Clemson, but Dabo built his staff and his program. He's way more than a figurehead. I'm not talking about O being a CEO. I'm talking about LSU, when they hired him, limiting O's power over his assistants and telling him that he had to accept those assistants (Canada and Aranda) to get the job.

22 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Honestly it felt like LSU defense got let off the hook several times by Bama's offense just dropping catchable passes or making unforced errors.  Granted in the second half it was pretty much the same thing in regards to Bama's defense getting a lot of help from just bad play by LSU's offense.  So many mistakes by both teams it was hard to think it was a match-up of two top 4 teams. 

I was at a bar so I couldn't hear it but what was the reasoning that LSU catch at the 1 wasn't overturned? Pretty clear the WR stepped out of bounds. Even if he re-established himself, I don't think you can be the first person to touch the ball. Looking back on how the game turned out, it was huge.

1 hour ago, Jetfan66 said:

I was at a bar so I couldn't hear it but what was the reasoning that LSU catch at the 1 wasn't overturned? Pretty clear the WR stepped out of bounds. Even if he re-established himself, I don't think you can be the first person to touch the ball. Looking back on how the game turned out, it was huge.

It was either that the defender pushed him out or that the ball was tipped.  Can't remember which.