MNF GDT: SEA@SF

Manny/Patrick

6 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

will it be the offence that put up 9 against Washington...

The low score in Washington was because it was some of the worst field conditions I've ever seen. They were playing on a lake and were sliding around like you wouldn't believe. The cheifs wouldbt have scored much more that day 

6 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

Or beat teams with QB ratings between 20-60

We made those QBs have the low ratings with tight coverage and a fierce pass rush

• Like 1

I love the arguments about who the Niners have played and all that. 

In regards to the offense, they have what, the third highest points per game in the NFL?

In regards to JG, check out the article on ESPN about him right now. He’s about as good as it gets when it comes to “clutch” stats like on third down as well as 4th quarter.  The fact he’s not asked to throw 40 times per game doesn’t take away from what he’s done when he is asked to come up big. 

In regards to competition, you can only play the teams you’re scheduled. That said, they haven’t faltered against some of the mid level teams like some other “elite” teams have. 

-Seahawks were a field goal from losing to the Bengals.

-The Packers just lost to the Chargers and earlier to an average Eagles team. 

-Baltimore got beat up by the Browns.

-The Patriots have won one game against a decent team, and that was the Bills, who I would argue are not all that decent. 

-The Saints lost to Miami in preseason (ha, I got nothing, they’re pretty damn good). Edit: Nevermind..... Even the Saints tanked one today.

-Bills got crushed by the Eagles. 

-Houston lost to a Panthers team that the Niners beat by 40. 

-Minnesota lost to the Bears. 

-America’s team got beat up on by the Jets.

I could go on and on, but the Niners have beat whoever’s in front of them.  The offense is one of the better in the league, as is the defense. There’s been very significant injuries and they’ve overcome each one.  Two of the biggest weapons on offense, Jet and Taylor will never see the field this year as well as their swing tackle, who was replaced by a couple scrubs when both tackles went down, and the team continues to win.

I get it if people want to see more, but each time they’ve had a “test” they came out proving themselves. First it was the Browns, and I think that defense sent Mayfield into the spiral they’re in now. Then the Rams in LA, and that was easy. Then the Panthers, and that wasn’t close.  And each time, the people that predicted this would be the game that showed the Niners were pretenders, just turned it around that actually the team that just lost were the pretenders and the Niners just continue to play a weak schedule. 

Seahawks will be another test, and after that win, the word on this forum will be that Seattle wasn’t that good to begin with.   Doesn’t matter.  Even the very good teams still slip up and lose to lesser opponents.  

Edited by straighthate
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, straighthate said:

I love the arguments about who the Niners have played and all that. 

In regards to the offense, they have what, the third highest points per game in the NFL?

In regards to JG, check out the article on ESPN about him right now. He’s about as good as it gets when it comes to “clutch” stats like on third down as well as 4th quarter.  The fact he’s not asked to throw 40 times per game doesn’t take away from what he’s done when he is asked to come up big. 

In regards to competition, you can only play the teams you’re scheduled. That said, they haven’t faltered against some of the mid level teams like some other “elite” teams have. 

-Seahawks were a field goal from losing to the Bengals.

-The Packers just lost to the Chargers and earlier to an average Eagles team. 

-Baltimore got beat up by the Browns.

-The Patriots have won one game against a decent team, and that was the Bills, who I would argue are not all that decent. 

-The Saints lost to Miami in preseason (ha, I got nothing, they’re pretty damn good). Edit: Nevermind..... Even the Saints tanked one today.

-Bills got crushed by the Eagles. 

-Houston lost to a Panthers team that the Niners beat by 40. 

-Minnesota lost to the Bears. 

-America’s team got beat up on by the Jets.

I could go on and on, but the Niners have beat whoever’s in front of them.  The offense is one of the better in the league, as is the defense. There’s been very significant injuries and they’ve overcome each one.  Two of the biggest weapons on offense, Jet and Taylor will never see the field this year as well as their swing tackle, who was replaced by a couple scrubs when both tackles went down, and the team continues to win.

I get it if people want to see more, but each time they’ve had a “test” they came out proving themselves. First it was the Browns, and I think that defense sent Mayfield into the spiral they’re in now. Then the Rams in LA, and that was easy. Then the Panthers, and that wasn’t close.  And each time, the people that predicted this would be the game that showed the Niners were pretenders, just turned it around that actually the team that just lost were the pretenders and the Niners just continue to play a weak schedule. 

Seahawks will be another test, and after that win, the word on this forum will be that Seattle wasn’t that good to begin with.   Doesn’t matter.  Even the very good teams still slip up and lose to lesser opponents.  

This is true, even if we win tomorrow we are going to hear how SEAs D is so awful and that Russell Wilson has to carry the team or Wilson wins we’ll hear that the 49ers are frauds that benefitted from the easy schedule

39 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

At this point it's better than the 49ers win for them against Seattle. They aren't winning the division. Wild card is their best shot, and it's better to try and leapfrog Seattle than the 49ers.

No doubt, I had the same thought