would it be hard to pass on Burrow?

LoganF89

Burrow is having a great game against #2 Alabama right now. LSU looks like a team that could win the whole thing. Burrow IMO is the best QB in the country and that makes the question to be asked. If haskins doesnt seem to improve much and we get a new coach. If Burrow is there when we pick will it be hard to pass on him? Im hoping Haskins improves but thats to be determined. and if we give up on him then that seems like Rosen 2.0

All in all whoever we get for a head coach I think should have full authority. If the head coach wants Haskins Great. But if he decides to want Burrow then I honestly would not be mad at all.

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

what would you do? If I can get a bigger haul then RG3 trade i would have to consider

I guess it depends how you scout him. If he’s an all pro / HoF type talent I think you have to take him, if you think he’s more of a Sam Darnold, the you pass (or if you believe Dwayne Haskins can be the former). Not a scout but I probably take him, but I’m pretty confident that Dwayne Haskins is another Christian Ponder.

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I guess it depends how you scout him. If he’s an all pro / HoF type talent I think you have to take him, if you think he’s more of a Sam Darnold, the you pass (or if you believe Dwayne Haskins can be the former). Not a scout but I probably take him, but I’m pretty confident that Dwayne Haskins is another Christian Ponder.

I agree with you. If we dont get a kings ransom then I take him

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Burrow is having a great game against #2 Alabama right now. LSU looks like a team that could win the whole thing. Burrow IMO is the best QB in the country and that makes the question to be asked. If haskins doesnt seem to improve much and we get a new coach. If Burrow is there when we pick will it be hard to pass on him? Im hoping Haskins improves but thats to be determined. and if we give up on him then that seems like Rosen 2.0

All in all whoever we get for a head coach I think should have full authority. If the head coach wants Haskins Great. But if he decides to want Burrow then I honestly would not be mad at all.

Thinking that any coach is going to get full control is your first mistake.  

I think Burrow is a bit of a risk.  This is the first year he's doing this, and like Tu'a, he also has a great group of receivers.  

With the hype surrounding the QBs this year, if we have the chance to get a lot of picks back, I would move down for them for sure.  

But the franchise can't really get much worse, so if the new coach somehow is able to draft whoever he wants, well, it can't get much worse. 

I wouldn’t have much difficulty. 

We already have a QB prospect. It’s been a slow start, but this was to be expected. He’s had one career start, against a good defense, and he did okay (86 passer rating, 49 QBR). They certainly didn’t ask him to do much, but it’s also certainly an indication that he’s making strides from where he was.

Unless he’s absolutely abhorrent over the next 7 games, I can’t imagine any way I’d be seriously considering throwing him out and starting over after one season.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, offbyone said:

Ask this question again at the end of the season.

It's a good problem to have. Burrow playing well helps the value of the top 3 draft picks immensely. If we can trade down from 2 to 3 or 4 and then draft Chase Young  and Andrew Thomas and add a 2nd or 3rd rounder well then sign me up. Or if Haskins plays like Josh Rosen over the next half of the season well drafting someone like Tua is very enticing. Haskins however didn't play like Josh Rosen in the Buffalo game so if he wins even 2 games then I don't think we'll be even having this discussion.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I would easily pass on Burrow.  He’s essentially a one year wonder, with barely any more starting experience than Haskins.  Also Haskins already beat Burrow out for a job at Ohio State not sure why it wouldn’t happen again.

If a team wants to draft burrow, they should do their best to lure Joe Brady onto their coaching staff as the offensive coordinator.  He is a big reason for bringing LSU's offense out of the stone age.