would it be hard to pass on Burrow?

LoganF89

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He was before the time frame I utilized, but he had a 59.0 rating and 0-8 record in his first 8 starts. He actually had a great game against the Rams in his 8th start that is inflating those numbers — his rating was 51.6 (with 4 TDs and 12 INTs) prior to that game. 

In fairness, that was a long time ago, and passer rating stats don’t translate well between eras. But his rating that season was 74% of league average, which in 2018 would have equated to about a 70 passer rating. 

Thanks -another stinker start . I thought he 0-8 but was curious about his personal stats . Can't believe he was drafted 30 years ago ! Not meaning to get you to look up stats but curious about exceptions too ! Who started hot and and become a star and who started hot and then disappeared. Probably fodder for another time / subject .

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think teams drafting QBs with only a year's starting experience in the first round is a pretty new trend though.  

Oh I agree with that. My issues is the revisionist history that’s going on surrounding Dwayne. He was considered a first round lock by just about every respected draft analyst out there. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Oh I agree with that. My issues is the revisionist history that’s going on surrounding Dwayne. He was considered a first round lock by just about every respected draft analyst out there. 

I mean I said he shouldn't have been a first round pick the entire draft process (I'm not trying to claim I'm a draft expert).

• Like 1

I would pass on Burrow, and Tua. It's not that  I don't think either is going to be good, but I don't think it helps at all. It just adds to the dysfunction in the organization. The Cardinals got away with it last year, we wouldn't.

If Chase Young is there when we pick (which is looking increasingly possible because we will be picking 1st or 2nd I'm pretty sure at this point) then taking Burrow or Tagavailoa is a mistake.

19 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I would pass on Burrow, and Tua. It's not that  I don't think either is going to be good, but I don't think it helps at all. It just adds to the dysfunction in the organization. The Cardinals got away with it last year, we wouldn't.

If Chase Young is there when we pick (which is looking increasingly possible because we will be picking 1st or 2nd I'm pretty sure at this point) then taking Burrow or Tagavailoa is a mistake.

Young may be the elite player that would keep us from a blockbuster tradedown .. !

What would it take to pass on him .. Another RGIII type trade and nobody be as stoopid as us . 

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Young may be the elite player that would keep us from a blockbuster tradedown .. !

What would it take to pass on him .. Another RGIII type trade and nobody be as stoopid as us . 

If a team REALLY covets either of the quarterbacks or Young and are wiling to trade the farm to get to our spot, I would do it.

5 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

If a team REALLY covets either of the quarterbacks or Young and are wiling to trade the farm to get to our spot, I would do it.

That's what we do--pass on an elite guy for a really good guy(s). Hasn't gotten us anywhere . We need that game changer - they are rare jewels. 

6 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

We need to trade out of our pick unless we can find a sure thing shut down cb or rusher

Well, it's going to be the second pick and the Bengals are definitely going to take a QB first overall. So Chase Young will be available. 

I'm not sure I trust this team to trade back and still make good picks. 

• Like 1