Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Auburn is a good team with a brutal schedule. That win alone would trump anything Clemson had.

Auburn has been a good team with a brutal schedule every year since the Natty year. Right up until they lose their bowl game. 

Then we do this same stupid thing over again because college football is a snake eating it's own tail. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I knew this system would be a train wreck. However, the media wanted more influence and control, so they wanted to scrap the BCS.

They should have just done a playoff but with the top4 BCS teams. The issue was they didn’t have enough teams in the playoffs and not set a certain set of standards. No problem having a committee picking teams as long as there was a way to make it without relying on them, like winning your conference gets you automatically in. Just so you can control your own dynasty really 

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Auburn has been a good team with a brutal schedule every year since the Natty year. Right up until they lose their bowl game. 

Then we do this same stupid thing over again because college football is a snake eating it's own tail. 

Maybe. It’s still a better win than Clemson has. Im just saying it’s funny watching people bash one teams schedule but then turn a blind eye to another. Bama doesn’t control its fate though, that’s for sure.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Maybe. It’s still a better win than Clemson has. Im just saying it’s funny watching people bash one teams schedule but then turn a blind eye to another. Bama doesn’t control its fate though, that’s for sure.

Who is taking a blind eye towards Clemson's schedule??? Did you not see last week's rankings?

If I say "Alabama's schedule is pathetic" I don't then have to list every competitive team with a pathetic schedule in order to have the discussion.

There is a massive difference between undefeated team with a pathetic schedule and a 1 loss team with a pathetic schedule. Shame on me for assuming you were bright enough to infer that relevant piece of information.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

It's not really turning a blind eye though.  Everyone has said, consistently, that if Clemson lost a game they were out due to their schedule whether you thought they were a top 4 team or not.  The same is being said about Alabama right now that since they lost they are out of it due to their schedule unless they get a lot of help with other teams losing, specifically LSU prior to the CCG.  I would say Oregon and Oklahoma where although they have worse losses, they do have a better schedule/wins.  I would even give Oregon more credit due to them actually scheduling a decent OOC in Auburn compared to... the little sisters of the blind?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which to many people in this thread seems entirely irrelevant because "We want the 4 best teams, and Alabama is among the 4 best teams." 

Like Alabama's resume is irrelevant to some.

I think one-loss Bama gets in over one loss Minnesota because Bama will bring in a lot more money.

I'd prefer to see a Minnesota in the playoff though.  

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who is taking a blind eye towards Clemson's schedule??? Did you not see last week's rankings?

If I say "Alabama's schedule is pathetic" I don't then have to list every competitive team with a pathetic schedule in order to have the discussion.

There is a massive difference between undefeated team with a pathetic schedule and a 1 loss team with a pathetic schedule. Shame on me for assuming you were bright enough to infer that relevant piece of information.

Wow. What nerve did I strike? Good discussion up until that last paragraph, shame people on here can’t talk without getting angry.

17 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's not really turning a blind eye though.  Everyone has said, consistently, that if Clemson lost a game they were out due to their schedule whether you thought they were a top 4 team or not.  The same is being said about Alabama right now that since they lost they are out of it due to their schedule unless they get a lot of help with other teams losing, specifically LSU prior to the CCG.  I would say Oregon and Oklahoma where although they have worse losses, they do have a better schedule/wins.  I would even give Oregon more credit due to them actually scheduling a decent OOC in Auburn compared to... the little sisters of the blind?

That’s fair. Although it’s tough because these OOC games are scheduled so far in advance and a lot of Power 5 teams have said its difficult for them to get people to agree to these games. I feel like Saban has practically begged teams to agree to play them but very few step forward.

24 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That’s fair. Although it’s tough because these OOC games are scheduled so far in advance and a lot of Power 5 teams have said its difficult for them to get people to agree to these games. I feel like Saban has practically begged teams to agree to play them but very few step forward.

I think Ohio State would, but that means doing a home and home, no neutral site in the south games, which it doesn't seem like Saban actually wants to do.  Ohio State has Texas, Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, and Georgia lined for future opponents.  They were also supposed to have Tennessee I think this year and last year before they cancelled.  So teams are out there, but you have to be willing to do home and homes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raves said:

I think Ohio State would, but that means doing a home and home, no neutral site in the south games, which it doesn't seem like Saban actually wants to do.  Ohio State has Texas, Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, and Georgia lined for future opponents.  They were also supposed to have Tennessee I think this year and last year before they cancelled.  So teams are out there, but you have to be willing to do home and homes.

And if Bama had a set - they would agree to play north of the Mason Dixon Line after Sept 30th. Play in Columbus on Chicken S**t Saturday in Week 10 instead of at home against a team you are guaranteed is a glorified scrimmage.

But they have shown over and over and over that they have no rocks

48 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Alabama scheduling playbook: 

Call a team about setting up an out of conference game.

Tell the media.

Refuse the totally fair home and home matchup that literally every other team does.

Tell the media that they tried but that things didn't work out. Complain that they're trying but just nobody wants to play them.

Schedule Southwest Alabama A&T

Lose a game in conference, beat a good but not great Auburn team get a pass on their soft schedule because SEC! SEC! SEC! and the NCAA is a cartel. 

Rinse and Repeat

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Alabama scheduling playbook: 

Call a team about setting up an out of conference game.

Tell the media.

Refuse the totally fair home and home matchup that literally every other team does.

Tell the media that they tried but that things didn't work out. Complain that they're trying but just nobody wants to play them.

Schedule Southwest Alabama A&T

Lose a game in conference, beat a good but not great Auburn team get a pass on their soft schedule because SEC! SEC! SEC! and the NCAA is a cartel. 

Rinse and Repeat

Oh okay 

Edited by MookieMonstah

52 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

And if Bama had a set - they would agree to play north of the Mason Dixon Line after Sept 30th. Play in Columbus on Chicken S**t Saturday in Week 10 instead of at home against a team you are guaranteed is a glorified scrimmage.

But they have shown over and over and over that they have no rocks

Oh okay 

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Seems like a pretty good group of OOC games. On top of having to play LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia on and off. 

I got no horse in this race, I just have nothing else to discuss about CFB because BC is a dumpster fire

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Seems like a pretty good group of OOC games. On top of having to play LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia on and off. 

I got no horse in this race, I just have nothing else to discuss about CFB because BC is a dumpster fire

That's definitely an improvement of what it has been for them in regards to OOC.  I do still dislike the USC and Miami games being at neutral sites, would've been nice to see them doing home and homes.  It does seem like Alabama got the picture that their options for "neutral" site games were limited and started offering to do home and homes.