If you didn't think Joe Burrow was a 1st rounder last year, why would you think he's one this year?

VanS

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Even if that's true, which we'll never know, how is that any different than Lamar and his situation?  You've said he'd be Vick in Vick's shoes.  Vick was a special athlete, but has not had production even remotely close to the elite QBs.

There aren't many Lamar Jacksons or Mike Vicks walking around.  They are generational physical talents.  You can find guys with Drew Brees physical tools every year in the draft. 

1 minute ago, VanS said:

There aren't many Lamar Jacksons or Mike Vicks walking around.  They are generational physical talents.  You can find guys with Drew Brees physical tools every year in the draft. 

Agreed.  But what should be telling here, is that you cannot find Drew Brees in every draft.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VanS said:

You aren't going to find a guy with Brees' accuracy, ability to read defenses, work ethic, or leadership.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean he's not wrong in what he said. He's just wrong in seemingly how he values it.

He's wrong in the way he hilariously undervalues mental attributes.  Three of the top 4 QBs of the last 20 years are Brady, Peyton, and Brees.  None of those guys have physical attributes that really impress.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He's wrong in the way he hilariously undervalues mental attributes.  Three of the top 4 QBs of the last 20 years are Brady, Peyton, and Brees.  None of those guys have physical attributes that really impress.  

I think.. most teams/scouts would agree that the mental attributes outweigh the physical attributes of a QB.

I'm nobody but I def value them more.   Obviously there are exceptions to this

Just now, sryan66611 said:

I think.. most teams/scouts would agree that the mental attributes outweigh the physical attributes of a QB.

I'm nobody but I def value them more.   Obviously there are exceptions to this

The problem is that mental attributes are hard to scout properly, if not impossible.  It's a big reason why so many players are busts, especially at the QB position. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The problem is that mental attributes are hard to scout properly, if not impossible.  It's a big reason why so many players are busts, especially at the QB position. 

Yea along with all the other variables that they have to decipher through the college/pro comparison.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:47 PM, VanS said:

Where have I ever said that?  Deshaun is extremely talented.  He's not generational like Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen but he's extremely talented.

My only issue with Deshaun was his DURABILITY.  I didn't think he would last long in the NFL.  And I still don't.  His penchant for holding onto the ball and taking big hits still scares me.

In what way?

On 11/29/2019 at 2:58 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Brady and Peyton had protypical pocket passer attributes.  

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Athleticism and arm strength.  Deshaun is mobile and has a cannon.  Good size as well.  His talent is extremely high.

But he doesn't have a cannon though. In fact that was one of his knocks coming out. He gets by in a similar manner as Brees and Rivers, with anticipation and accuracy. I'll give you the mobility part if that is what you mean by athletic. But his mobility was actually a crutch for him when it comes to holding on to the ball for so long.

• Like 1