If you didn't think Joe Burrow was a 1st rounder last year, why would you think he's one this year?

VanS

28 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I never said he was, because it would be stupid to come to a conclusion based solely on his hands.

I came to this conclusion as soon as I saw his Heisman speech. The Burrow bust reality immediately became obvious in my head. The small hands only works to make the image more clear.

The smart thing for the Bengals to do by far would be to trade down, collect a mass of picks, tank again with the worst coach in the league, then scoop up Lawrence with pick 1. Problem is after another year picking #1 Lawrence might just return to school or pull an Eli.

Edited by Kirill

18 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I came to this conclusion as soon as I saw his Heisman speech. The Burrow bust reality immediately became obvious in my head. The small hands only works to make the image more clear.

The smart thing for the Bengals to do by far would be to trade down, collect a mass of picks, tank again with the worst coach in the league, then scoop up Lawrence with pick 1. Problem is after another year picking #1 Lawrence might just return to school or pull an Eli.

I used to like you.

37 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I used to like you.

It's not easy always being right. Sometimes you have to go against a heavy tide of public opinion and get mocked/laughed at for it. The second part of my post is just kind of thinking out loud. I'm generally very anti-tank or "rebuilding" as I think the best way to improve is by taking small steps forward.

Still, if trading the pick wasn't an option, I'm taking Chase Young over Joe Burrow and getting a blue jacket HOFer to build a winning program around.

21 hours ago, Kirill said:

Ah, you're an idiot that can't evaluate the QB position, wonderful