GDT: Week 11: “The Boston Massacre” Eagles vs Patriots

EaglesPeteC

I still fully believe that it's more groh than it is the receivers. Every other OC in the league can scheme open their 4th string scrubs. Just look at that baldy breakdown of the goedert and nelly switch route. They are literally being taught to be terrible.

groh and the wr coach that is

Edited by Daimonas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No argument here. 

But....the backpack dance...what will we do without it?!?

sidenote I feel as though I’m to blame for him not doing anything, in the back of my head I know I thought....‘I’d be cool never seeing that dumb dance ever again...’ first time he did it....and now here we are

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I still fully believe that it's more groh than it is the receivers. Every other OC in the league can scheme open their 4th string scrubs. Just look at that baldy breakdown of the goedert and nelly switch route. They are literally being taught to be terrible.

Im not sure how to interpret this. Wentz was very clearly late in that read and should have thrown it much earlier. Note - I am not saying the the rub route was awesome.... But it was doable if the throw is on time. 

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not sure how to interpret this. Wentz was very clearly late in that read and should have thrown it much earlier. Note - I am not saying the the rub route was awesome.... But it was doable if the throw is on time. 

Baldy wasn't commenting so much on the play itself as he was on how the receivers are being coached. Which I agree with. Whether wentz should have thrown it earlier wasn't his problem with it.

15 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I'm always skeptical when some unknown position coach gets promoted to coordinator. You'd like to think they'd pick up where the former left off but it rarely happens. I haven't seen much of Groh, but I imagine he just tries to be one of the guys as opposed to laying into someone when they screw up.

Combine bad coaching with bad WRs and this is what you get...

Edited by Art_Vandalay

From Baldinger, this is insane to me??

For starters, let's involve everyone in the pass game. Last week against the Patriots, Wentz dropped back around 40 times and didn't throw one screen pass. There was a time two years ago when the Eagles had a feared screen game, one that was instrumental in their Super Bowl win. The Eagles' offensive linemen are excellent at picking off defenders with Jason Kelce running as well as any center in football and possessing the athletic ability to block the most dangerous man in the play. Screens get the quarterback in easy rhythms since these passes are often easy completions

On 11/11/2019 at 2:41 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Just a reminder to all not to lose your minds  when the Eagles drop the next 2 games. After that they play the Giants twice, the Dolphins and the Redskins. Likely week 16 vs the Cowboys decides the division 

You take solace in being able to beat 3 of the teams drafting in top 4? All that does is ruin our draft pick. I'm bummed we don't play quality teams the rest of the way. We're going to get the 17th pick and draft an average starter. We're also going to get stomped by Dallas again, so we aren't winning the division. Thank god. We don't need the 20th overall pick. We need a top 12 pick that even Howie can't screw up.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You take solace in being able to beat 3 of the teams drafting in top 4? All that does is ruin our draft pick. I'm bummed we don't play quality teams the rest of the way. We're going to get the 17th pick and draft an average starter. We're also going to get stomped by Dallas again, so we aren't winning the division. Thank god. We don't need the 20th overall pick. We need a top 12 pick that even Howie can't screw up.

Howies still not going to take the player you want regardless if it's the 12th or 20th so who cares?