GDT: Week 11: “The Boston Massacre” Eagles vs Patriots

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If it makes yall feel better just imagine the Pats beating up on us next week. 

What was going on with Wentz? I didnt watch the whole game, but that last drive wasnt pretty. Did he get hurt or something?

Will help yeah, but not gonna be shocked if you guys beat them. We have similar team make ups, you guys are just landing things more. JG coaching against Bill is an almost auto loss...but if Zeke gets going and your front 7 can do their thing. You’ll be in it too. They really aren’t “that great”.

he has zero help at wideout, and it’s exacerbated by Wentz not trust these guys to do a damn thing. He knows most wont come down with even a slightly contested ball, so he’s starting to sail things bad by trying to really get the ball out in front. Doing some good work with the TEs...but with no Desean they don’t have enough room to really kill teams.

honestly for the next 6-10 years...it might be in our best interest to lose a couple more games this year. Draft a guy like Ceedee Lamb, or any top wideout. Then get another one later too. 
but then again if we are picking that high a stud CB or Dlinemen would be a better value...so idk.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Will help yeah, but not gonna be shocked if you guys beat them. We have similar team make ups, you guys are just landing things more. JG coaching against Bill is an almost auto loss...but if Zeke gets going and your front 7 can do their thing. You’ll be in it too. They really aren’t “that great”.

he has zero help at wideout, and it’s exacerbated by Wentz not trust these guys to do a damn thing. He knows most wont come down with even a slightly contested ball, so he’s starting to sail things bad by trying to really get the ball out in front. Doing some good work with the TEs...but with no Desean they don’t have enough room to really kill teams.

honestly for the next 6-10 years...it might be in our best interest to lose a couple more games this year. Draft a guy like Ceedee Lamb, or any top wideout. Then get another one later too. 
but then again if we are picking that high a stud CB or Dlinemen would be a better value...so idk.

CBs are going to trick us again bro, I already see it coming a mile away, just like last year. They looked good today (well, besides the inability to catch the ball. Brady had 3 or 4 INTs dropped...) I'm not fooled yet, but I can't predict the future.

• Like 1

It's been so long since we've had a healthy team ,I've forgotten what it looked like.

Improbable SB Run aside, seriously when was the last Eagles team that wasn't missing numerous significant Starters?

Chips 1st year? 2nd? Honestly having a hard time remembering which is flippin sad!!!

Also the Stat they showed yesterday about the Eagles Leading rusher the past 5 years NOT being a Eagle the following seasons as a NFL record is absurd. I sure as hell hope that changes with the addition of Miles Sanders in the future. 

14' Shady

15' Murray

16'  Matthews 

17' Blount

18' Adams

19' Howard???????

11 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I just hope this team doesn't make the playoffs... Our offense is horrible, and we have no playmakers. 

Just get a good draft pick and rebuilt that offense. 

They need to hit on an entire draft not just one early pick. The Defense is aging all guys in their prime or beyond it. 

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

CBs are going to trick us again bro, I already see it coming a mile away, just like last year. They looked good today (well, besides the inability to catch the ball. Brady had 3 or 4 INTs dropped...) I'm not fooled yet, but I can't predict the future.

Can totally see it happening again yep.

They played fairly well yesterday, but if it goes unaddressed we are doomed for a 3rd year next year.

What position group is worse off right now, seriously?

CB or WR?

As horrible as the secondary has been our WR core as a whole has been atrocious! Legit ranked 32nd in the NFL!

Maybe Howie uses 4 to 5 picks on both groups in the draft? Doubtful given his history of DL/OL but one can hope! Jones and JJAW aren't exactly helping Howie to lean that direction again, that's for sure.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

What position group is worse off right now, seriously?

CB or WR?

As horrible as the secondary has been our WR core as a whole has been atrocious! Legit ranked 32nd in the NFL!

Maybe Howie uses 4 to 5 picks on both groups in the draft? Doubtful given his history of DL/OL but one can hope! Jones and JJAW aren't exactly helping Howie to lean that direction again, that's for sure.

If both are at full strength the CB's but in their current state by far the WR's. The CB's haven't been dreadful since they have gotten to full strength, but with no DeSean and no Alshon.....maaaaaaaan that group is uninspiring

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To be fair though, the Pats have the strongest CB group in the league right now and the Eagles are down their top 2 WR's. That is pretty much how I expected the WR's to look in that game.

Oh no doubt, I  had very little expectations this week given the circumstances. Actually pleasantly surprised it was that close TBH.

However didn't they post a stat yesterday saying we're still the 32nd ranked WR group for yds avgeraged per game after 10 weeks? Between the drops, inability to get separation, lack of speed, it's  beyond bad right now.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Oh no doubt, I  had very little expectations this week given the circumstances. Actually pleasantly surprised it was that close TBH.

However didn't they post a stat yesterday saying we're still the 32nd ranked WR group for yds avgeraged per game after 10 weeks? Between the drops, inability to get separation, lack of speed, it's  beyond bad right now.

Its almost like Dak's scenario last year. Its sucks doesnt it? 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To be fair though, the Pats have the strongest CB group in the league right now and the Eagles are down their top 2 WR's. That is pretty much how I expected the WR's to look in that game.

Yeah but Mack Hollins continues to not even be worth a roster spot.

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I can't believe that JJAW only got 25% of the snaps last night, 19 total snaps. The only WR with HANDS wasn't on the field. smh. MATTHEWS HAD 84% of the snaps, 64 total snaps, ******* rediuclous, how can anyone expect him to do anything when they won't play him.  

It was surprising but not surprising, Hollins wasn't on the field that much either.