GDT: Week 11: “The Boston Massacre” Eagles vs Patriots

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe instead of everyone talking about the loss of Frank Reich to this Offense as the OC, We should possibly acknowledge the massive decline with the WR Core since Groh left that position group and they hired Carson Walch?

I say get a better OC in there and move Groh back to WR coach. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe instead of everyone talking about the loss of Frank Reich to this Offense as the OC, We should possibly acknowledge the massive decline with the WR Core since Groh left that position group and they hired Carson Walch?

I was thinking the same thing. Groh looked like a good WR coach at the time and has always been way over his head when coaching an offense. 

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

God help whoever Gilmore gets assigned to. I see either Goedert or Sanders getting close to 10 targets. The WRs are going to disappear in this one.

I say hell that's fine...send them on decoy routes all game...If he doesn't follow someone and sticks to a side (which is highly likely since we don't have a threat on the outside) then that 1/3 of the field is off limits. 

Edited by nlesthought

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's your run game like?

I can see from stats it's really good, but what's it ...liiike man?

Can be hit or miss, mostly when Doug and Co don’t stick with it.

But Howard has been pretty good most the year at some tough runs. And Miles Sanders has learned to stop dancing so much and has hit holes. The oline can run block with the best of them. 

I expect with a lot of screen like stuff with Goedert, trailing routes, stuff to avoid the zero blitzing and skill of your defense. With this I’m gonna say Wentz gets 4 balls smacked down at the line 🙃

If Goedert and the RBs having a good day, we probably are in contention to win. Because Bill will likely to what the Lions did and try to completely erase Ertz.

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I get the Frank Reich love to some extent. But I also remember him being terrible with the Chargers and when he was canned, fans were ecstatic. Unclear how much input he had in the play calling as seems like Pederson was calling most plays.

19 hours ago, RBreezy said:

I say get a better OC in there and move Groh back to WR coach. 

This is one of the best things we could do this offseason. Have Groh go back to what he does the best and bring in a offensive mind with play calling experience.

18 hours ago, Danger said:

Alshon Jeffery missed practice today. I hope he keeps missing time.

Yeah because were not fighting to win the division or anything and clearly have better options available like Nelson Agholor, Matthews, and a second rounder who doesn't play.

Our passing game vs the Pats is gonna be embarrassing.

Edited by DeJack_10

i was absolutely sure we are going to lose to the Pats. but some glimmer of hope recently. Usual BGN questions with opponent writers, how they would gameplan vs defense and offense against their own team. 

1.) Challenge the offensive line. Stunts, blitzes, overloads, whatever it is you have in your back pocket, use it to attack the unit’s communication and chemistry.

We saw that recently in games, Graham, Barnett on the same side. Avery as a joker. And our d-line is getting awake. 

1.) Stay on the field and milk the clock.

Again we were quite successful in that.

2.) Try to target the linebackers when throwing the football.

This is pretty much the Eagles offense, passes traveling more than 20 yards are pretty rare. Also, the Pats employ 3 linebackers all over 250 pounds. Keep on using misdirection plays and target the RBs and TEs. I hope Jeffery is able to suit up, as we need to have someone who is a decent threat on longer passes. But if he is not playing, maybe JJ should just get his chance finally...

I still say we lose, but we are at home, we are on a winning streak and they have some vulnerabilities.