Can Ryan Tannehill be THE GUY for Tennessee?

patriotsheatyan

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Will it he fend off Mariota for the jerb for the remainder of this season?

Of course he will but both are FAs after this year. He might be brought back as a bridge to a rookie QB but in no way should he thought of as the guy. He could lead them to the playoffs and I still wouldn’t consider him the guy. 

36 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Of course he will but both are FAs after this year. He might be brought back as a bridge to a rookie QB but in no way should he thought of as the guy. He could lead them to the playoffs and I still wouldn’t consider him the guy. 

something something Nick Foles

• Like 1

Tannehill isn’t a QB that’ll be more spectacular than his supporting cast, but I think if you load up an offense around him, he could be a guy you could win with. I think with good, consistent coaching that he can be an Alex Smith type QB. Similar to what I believe Teddy Bridgewater is/can be at this point. Not a big time thrower but if all else is going well, he probably won’t be the reason you fail. 

That said, I don’t think Tennessee has the coach to facilitate him in that way. The talent is about there, but the offense is still pretty so-so.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Tannehill isn’t a QB that’ll be more spectacular than his supporting cast, but I think if you load up an offense around him, he could be a guy you could win with. I think with good, consistent coaching that he can be an Alex Smith type QB. Similar to what I believe Teddy Bridgewater is/can be at this point. Not a big time thrower but if all else is going well, he probably won’t be the reason you fail. 

That said, I don’t think Tennessee has the coach to facilitate him in that way. The talent is about there, but the offense is still pretty so-so.

Yep. If the team is good enough around him, I think he could lead a 10-6 type team, maybe 11-5. But the team has got to be there around him. 

This was my worry for the Titans. They're an above average QB away from really making a lot of noise, the can really compete at a high level and might start getting really hot (if they're not already).

The offense is starting to take hold now that Tannehill is in - Derrick Henry is the lynchpin of the offense with 20+ touches a game on the low end, and a QB like Tannehill is the ideal caretaker for that offense: He's a game manager who can put together an "elite" drive or two when needed. 

Titans are primed to go on a very dangerous run right now. The only thing that can get in the way of the Titans are... well, the Titans.

• Like 2