Can Ryan Tannehill be THE GUY for Tennessee?

patriotsheatyan

I always liked Tannehill and thought he had some bad luck that didn’t let him reach his potential. Happy to see him get a shot with the Titans. I think they have the type of offense to help him out and be successful. I could see him being the starter next year. Give him an offseason as the guy and see what he can do next season. You can do a lot worse at the position.

Sure, why not?

Tannehill is a middle of the road starter, which is head and shoulders better than Mariota, who has been clearly holding this team back for the last few years, yet was defended tooth and nail, by titan fans..  Funny how those same folks suddenly have such high standards at QB.. ‘tannehill not good enough for us, we have to find a star’

...you were ok with lousy, but decent isn’t good enough....

On 11/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Of course he will but both are FAs after this year. He might be brought back as a bridge to a rookie QB but in no way should he thought of as the guy. He could lead them to the playoffs and I still wouldn’t consider him the guy. 

Perfect example.... fine with Mariota stinking it up for years, but can’t bear the thought of Tannehill leading the team, even if he’s playing at a solid level, and they’re winning...

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Ryan Tannehill reminds me of Jake Plummer. I think he can be a top 15 game manager in the right offense not being featured. 

Plummer lasted 4 years in Denver Tannehill has that ability.  No mistake Jake was a thing.

I liked Plummer, but he wasn’t even close to as talented as Tannehill.  Comparing him to Plummer is an insult...

9 hours ago, Classic said:

No he isn't a franchise QB. He tenture in Miami made that clear but he can be bridge QB for the Titans.

Right, in Miami, where he had a perpetually terrible o-line, a who’s who of washed up RBs, a revolving door at head coach, and a front office in constant chaos...  Tennessee is a significantly better situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Perfect example.... fine with Mariota stinking it up for years, but can’t bear the thought of Tannehill leading the team, even if he’s playing at a solid level, and they’re winning...

lol. you picked the wrong titans fan, dude. @ttitansfan4life has been one of, if not the most vocal critic of mariota for the last couple years

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

lol. you picked the wrong titans fan, dude. @ttitansfan4life has been one of, if not the most vocal critic of mariota for the last couple years

Yep he’s clearly way off... I’ve always said as long as the team is winning, I don’t care who the QB is. Also I’m not blind to the fact of what happened with Tannehill in Miami. They literally gave him away for nothing and they were/are worse off than the Titans. So now I’m expected to believe Tannehill is just going to be some stud QB? I said he’ll be a bridge QB which is likely the case. He’s still not the QB IMO who will take them from a 9-7 team to getting them over them over the hump to 11-5 or even higher.

Titan fans way to harsh on Tannehil from what I’ve seen. Training camp and pre season some players don’t do well in. Let him play. He’s doing great. He is 3-1 and giving you the best QB play I’ve seen in a Titans uniform in a long time.  He’s a pure QB. Meaning a very good passer and your traditional passer. 

Tannehil with talent can be a Top 14-15 QB. And that’s all you need with that very very underrated defense. If Tannehil keeps playing well I definitely wouldn’t draft a QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Also I’m not blind to the fact of what happened with Tannehill in Miami. They literally gave him away for nothing and they were/are worse off than the Titans. So now I’m expected to believe Tannehill is just going to be some stud QB? 

It was obviously not an ideal situation in Miami, and he still managed to play at a decent level.

secondly, Miami didn’t get rid of him because of his play; they’ve been dumping contracts all offseason, and tanking most of the year.  Tannehill was rarely the problem during his time in Miami...

16 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Why Plummer won I don't see it as an insult lol. Plummer may not if won a chip but he won. Beat Bew England in the playoffs got to an AFC title game.

A couple decent seasons in Denver; aside from that he was a fringe starter at best.

3 minutes ago, frenchie said:

It was obviously not an ideal situation in Miami, and he still managed to play at a decent level.

secondly, Miami didn’t get rid of him because of his play; they’ve been dumping contracts all offseason, and tanking most of the year.  Tannehill was rarely the problem during his time in Miami...

He certainly wasn’t the solution either otherwise he’d still be there and they wouldn’t be one of the worst teams in football. He wasn’t a franchise QB.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Forge said:

They won't draft high enough to get a premier prospect. He's acceptable for a bridge

On 11/10/2019 at 5:19 PM, Lilseb93 said:

Tannehill is inconsistent. He'll show flashes of greatness and then look bad in a big game. You just never know what you're going to get from him. But he was never trash. He's a serviceable starter. 

These are right on.  He's certainly better than bad Mariota has been this season, but he really hasn't been the reason we've won.  Henry has been beasting the last few games and the defense is still exceptional.  He played his best game so far against the Chiefs, but even that relied on a Henry breakaway TD and Rashaan Evans getting a defensive TD.  He's aight, which we can win with, but isn't going to take us to the next level.  But we probably don't have a better option in our immediate future anyway.

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Titan fans way to harsh on Tannehil from what I’ve seen. Training camp and pre season some players don’t do well in. Let him play. He’s doing great. He is 3-1 and giving you the best QB play I’ve seen in a Titans uniform in a long time.  He’s a pure QB. Meaning a very good passer and your traditional passer. 

Tannehil with talent can be a Top 14-15 QB. And that’s all you need with that very very underrated defense. If Tannehil keeps playing well I definitely wouldn’t draft a QB. 

Yeah, not that long.  Titans fans will often have a very different outlook from the rest because we're the only poor suckers that have to watch Titans games more than once a season.  Tannehill is the best we've had in like, maybe three years, so far, but he's just been game managing so far with the one game winning drive, but that's it.  He's maybe middle of the league.

I'd be very happy to re-sign him to a team friendly contract that would allow us to draft a QB if there's one at a spot that gives us value (like Eason in the early second for instance), but beyond that, he's not giving us much we couldn't get from other sources.  So far.

• 4 weeks later...