Can Ryan Tannehill be THE GUY for Tennessee?

patriotsheatyan

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When Ryan Tannehill seems like the answer, you know the previous guy was really bad.

Doesn't hurt when Tannehill has the league's highest qb rating, highest yards per attempt and 2nd highest completion percentage only to Drew Brees, though Tannehill's YPA is 2.2 yards higher than Brees'.

• Like 1

Name me a qb who has played better or won more since Tannenhill became starter for Titans? Spoiler alert, there is none.

He is the answer. Tan has always been good. Just on bad teams and injured. He doesnt even have elite talent on Titans offense outside Henry. Good talent, not elite. Surround him with even more and Titans will be competiting for the South for next several years. 

More times than not, its the situation and not the player, when there is struggles. 

• Like 1

Tannehil is definitely going to cash in. Sam Bradford, Blake Bortles style. However Tennessee will just be the new version of Miami when he eventually gets hurt or comes crashing harshly back down to earth.

As good as he's playing it's not remotely MVP type level. Just appears that way because Mariota looked just that bad.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As good as he's playing it's not remotely MVP type level. Just appears that way because Mariota looked just that bad.

Why do people keep saying this? The perception of Tannehill's  performances are nothing to do with Mariota; they are everything to do with how good he is playing.

The QB before him could have been Drew Brees and people would still (rightly) be lauding Tannehill.

• Like 2

I always thought Tannehill was much better than he showed at Miami. Not elite but a competent top 12-15 QB. I think he is showing that now. He won't always be this hot but I think Tennessee would be smart to lock him up. He can be a steady presence for them.

Edited by SBLIII
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

How did he lose the job to Mariota in the first place? 

Or was it one of those things where Tannehill was just "competition" for their "clear starter" in Mariota?

Mariota was always the starter - Tennessee wanted to give him every single opportunity to live up to his draft spot, but anyone who watched saw that Tannehill was better.

• Like 1

He was never terrible in Miami, and sometimes a change of scenery can have a huge effect.

I think Tannehill can be more than just a stop gap.....he is proving he can be a quality starter.       At the very least, the Titans dont have to rush anything.