Can Ryan Tannehill be THE GUY for Tennessee?

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This is also true, but I think we're at a point to know that Tannehill isn't exactly this "Man on Fire" QB. He's had a great run (a really great run at that) but a 16 game schedule? A few 16 game schedules?

It would probably be a diminishing return.

Your fear is apparent.

You're right to fear him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Your fear is apparent.

You're right to fear him.

I'd be besides myself if the Titans kept him instead of trying to land Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. That's my biggest fear, someone in the AFCS landing one of those two...

Minshew, Tannehill and Brissett might save me from that dystopian nightmare.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:45 AM, SteelKing728 said:

How did he lose the job to Mariota in the first place? 

Or was it one of those things where Tannehill was just "competition" for their "clear starter" in Mariota?

Tannehill was never given a fair competition in the first place. They always took the position that Mariota was the starting QB and that Tannehill was the backup.

Until it was way too obvious to everyone else that Tannehill was better. Frankly, Vrabel should be fired for not benching Mariota sooner,.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'd be besides myself if the Titans kept him instead of trying to land Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. That's my biggest fear, someone in the AFCS landing one of those two...

Minshew, Tannehill and Brissett might save me from that dystopian nightmare.

RT17 will be leading the Titans to division titles still, after Watson plays his last down as a Texan.

I said it.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That’s silly though. I’m sure nobody thinks Tanny is playing at a level that is sustainable. This is not the standard that is required to garner a commitment. If he’s just above average and not elite, the Titans are in good hands. Dude has always been talented. Also it’s not like he’s surrounded by great talent. In the article he compared them to Nick Foles and Keenum. Foles fizzled out of the league at one point and has been benched at numerous stops in his career and the one time he flourished, was when he was on a Uber talented team. Same with a Keenum. Tannehill outside of Derrick Henry, has a solid rookie as his best weapon. Not Diggs or Thielen or Rudolph. Not Alshon or Ertz.

Edited by Kip Smithers
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Tannehill was never given a fair competition in the first place. They always took the position that Mariota was the starting QB and that Tannehill was the backup.

Until it was way too obvious to everyone else that Tannehill was better. Frankly, Vrabel should be fired for not benching Mariota sooner,.

rumor is that the decision to play mariota was a FO thing and the coaches were leaning tannehill. which absolutely sucks in hindsight, since we'd almost certainly be leading the division right now. i was frustrated when that rumor broke, but honestly i kinda get it. you have to see what you have with marcus in the final year of his deal. i don't like it, but it's not indefensible imo.

• Like 4

He's certainly not the guy he's looked like recently.  But he's also not the guy he looked like behind a disastrous Miami team either.  Realistically...he's somewhere in between.  To me, he's always seemed like one of those guys who is in the upper echelon's of QB purgatory.  If you have a strong team and the right system, he'll carry you far.  If you have a weak team or the wrong system, he'll flounder.

In an offseason "mock draft" thing 'round this site...i went after him for the Jaguars because i really did think he was the best "stopgap" on the market.  Over Foles, Flacco, and the rest.  I feel pretty vindicated in that now...despite the fact i know that this is not the level he's going to maintain.

18 hours ago, -Hope- said:

rumor is that the decision to play mariota was a FO thing and the coaches were leaning tannehill. which absolutely sucks in hindsight, since we'd almost certainly be leading the division right now. i was frustrated when that rumor broke, but honestly i kinda get it. you have to see what you have with marcus in the final year of his deal. i don't like it, but it's not indefensible imo.

I was pretty much under this assumption from the get go personally.